Lordstown Motors Corporation seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. With a focus on Integrity, Discipline, Collaboration, Design & Innovation, we are working to design and build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, like everyone else in the company, for your results.
As a member of the electrical systems group, the Software Engineer is responsible for Software Development, Integration and Validation of ECU software.
- Gather and analyze inputs like System requirements, ECU requirements, CAN/LIN, Diagnostics spec, component technical spec, Diagnostic specs, DFMEA and FuSA Specs etc.
- Clarify questions by discussing with System Engineering Team and Vehicle Integration
- Teamwork with SW Validation Manager to gather materials for testing like Sensors, Actuators, ECUs, Connectors, and Wiring Harness from diverse set of sources.
- PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT SUPPORT:
- Build Test Setups for MIL, SIL, and HIL Testing by working with SW Manager and SW Validation Manager.
- Align the delivery timing of Software Tasks with SW manager and provide feedback to negotiate more time if needed.
- Monitor JIRA and update them with Interim Action, Permanent Action, and Fixing time.
- Decompose System requirements into ECU level SW requirements and Update Polarion.
- Derive Software design from System Design using Matlab Model and perform MIL testing.
- Develop SW using C, C++ or MATLAB depending on chosen ECU.
- Autocode Matlab Models and perform SIL testing.
- Ensure that MAAB and MISRA guidelines are followed in MATLAB and C codes.
- Perform automated checks and removed the warning.
- Perform Static analysis checks using tools like Polyspace and remove warnings.
- Ensure that all ECU IOs have DTCs to detect failures.
- Review DFMEA and ensure that all DFMEA failure modes are detected, and a safe state mechanism is implemented in software.
- Review FuSA FSR and TSRs and implement detection and safe state mechanisms in Software.
- Perform SIL testing and ensure 100% test coverage during unit testing of MIL or SIL testing.
- Develop Base Software and update it when needed.
- Perform MIL/SIL testing and ensure 100% test coverage during unit testing of MIL or SIL testing.
- Perform component level HIL testing and check function by integrating with sensors, actuators and simulation of Rest bus using tools like CANalyser.
- Self-report JIRA tickets to record bugs and provide closure.
- Package and release Binaries over FOTA.
- Compile release notes to convey the list of SW tasks, JIRA tickets that are implemented.
- Delivery QA reports and test reports along with list of known issues.
- Report completion of SW tasks and update plan on tools like Polarion.
- Report completion of JIRA tickets on update plan on tools like JIRA.
- Report SW HW linkage on tools like Team Center.
- MATLAB, SIMULINK, C, C++, Java (if needed for Infotainment), RTOS, Control System, Open ECUs like New Eagle and Pi Innova, Electrical System, Polarion, Team Center, JIRA, FreeRTOS, SOAFEE, CANalyser/CANOE, dSPACE HIL System, etc.,
- Prompt, open and clear reporting and communication skills,
- Flexibility with working schedule to go and beyond to resolve defects and unplanned challenges in schedule.
- Minimum of 3 years of electronic control module development, integration, and validation
- BS Engineering required; master’s degree preferred
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of CAN, LIN and Ethernet protocols
- MATLAB/ Simulink or other model-based programming methodologies
- Proficient in one or more relevant programming languages
- Problem-solving experience where issues are unusual and difficult
- Previous OEM and Tier-1 automotive experience preferred
- Previous assembly plant launch experience preferred
- PPAP experience developing and creating Design records, FMEA’s, Control Plans, etc.
- Practical experience with test case development, both manual bench testing and automated (HiL) systems.
- Experience in dSPACE, ControlDesk/Scalexio, CANalyzer/CANoe, CANDiva, CANDELA, MATLAB/Simulink, Python programming, Embedded Programming, System Modeling, Simscape electrical and physical modeling, Excel VBA scripting etc.,
- Domain experience in one or more of: Body, Chassis, Powertrain, and Infotainment
- High level of expertise in technical writing skills.
- Hybrid or Electric Vehicle experience
- Familiarity with the light to mid-duty truck segment features such as trailer tow, cargo lighting, and up-fitters features
- Body Control Module release experience
- Experience with FMVSS requirements related to Body Control electronics, such as exterior lighting and horn control functions
- Knowledge of Functional Safety (ISO-26262)
Lordstown Motors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.