Take your career to the next level as a Field Service Technician. Northeast Energy Systems, a division of Penn Power Group, has been in business for over 50 years and is known for our great customer service, innovative solution development and ability to adapt to changing markets. We hire the best in their fields – results-focused professionals with the skills to achieve project goals across multiple industries.
Do you have experience with electrical/mechanical power generation equipment, and are a high energy, self-starter, serious minded, capable of working independently and in teams? If yes, Northeast Energy Systems is an industry leading provider of standby and prime power electrical power generation systems. Selling and servicing power generation systems and equipment is our business. We are currently looking to add Field Service Technicians to our team. This position is responsible for providing scheduled maintenance, performing minor and major engine overhauls in the field.
- Strong AC and DC power skills
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical contactors, motors, relays, contacts, generator components, and controls.
- A working knowledge of PLC control systems, relays, digital/analog inputs-outputs.
- Good oral, written, and inter-personal skills
- Strong computer skills
- A safety first mind set
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience either in power generation service, industrial mechanical-electrical troubleshooting and repairs, or marine engineering.
- Reciprocating engine experience
- Ability to travel inclusion of some overnight travel
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Attended a technical school
- Related military experience
- An electrical/mechanical engineering degree
- Maritime engineering background and/or experience
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Annual Tool and Shoe Allowance; Uniforms
- On-going paid training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A fun work environment where our teammates feel appreciated.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact HRInfo@pennpowergroup.com (215) 335-0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted.