This role will serve as first-line supervisor with responsibility to schedule and direct the day-to-day production of the Mobile Service Technicians in providing repair, rebuilding, and maintenance of customer equipment. The Technician Service Manager will lead, coordinate and direct the efforts and actions of the technicians in the field to successfully and efficiently service its customers.
- Demonstrated ability and record of success managing a REMOTE fleet of vehicles on a regional, and/or a national level
- Intelligent, sound judgement, assertive, independent, resourceful, tenacious and strong leadership skills
- Ability to lead a team of technicians to deliver company results.
- Knowledge of the mobile work environment and challenges, maintenance practices, and processes for mobile maintenance.
- Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Able to collaborate with customers, especially customers with urgent issues, to provide solutions that meet customer requirements. Able to act as intermediary between.
- Expert knowledge of state and federal DOT requirements and regulations, compliance
- Highly skilled at utilizing technology, apps, and online systems
- Excellent personal leadership skills and proven ability to build, develop, and motivate teams
- Proactive, well-organized, and results-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work flexible hours as required and to be on-call in response to emergency situations as needed
- Demonstrated track record of success delivering innovative, process and system to deliver superior operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Budgeting experience
- Provide leadership to individuals and groups of technicians daily.
- Collaborates with Dispatch to ensure each tech is busy every day.
- Develop productivity reports and work with Hub team members to improve productivity.
- Resolve issues related to the technicians role.
- Meet with technicians, conduct QCIs, and safety audits as required.
- Travel to technician and customer locations frequently.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Promote safe work habits with the technicians
- Manage training for individual technicians in conjunction with the Operations manager and Continuous Improvement Department
- Promote and support the initiatives of Penn Fleet Services
- Recommend advancement and discipline of the technicians to Operations Leaders
- Provide adequate structure, direction and feedback to technicians
- Prioritize tasks and allocate resources to service customer’s equipment
- Encourage open communication, cooperation and the sharing of knowledge
- Provide timely feedback and follow up
- Proactively feed information upwards to keep management well informed
- Engender trust and respect among your team
- Ensure alignment with corporate goals
- Continuously monitor technician performance and areas for improvement
- Address problematic performance early on
- Create an environment where employees feel valued, respected, and trusted
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the technical aspects of the job
- Promote a culture of safety, following and supporting corporate safety training and procedures, rules and directives.
For more information about PENN Power Group, please visit our website at www.pennpowergroup.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (215) 335-0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted.