The Carrier Technician will perform skilled maintenance, installation, repair and inspection work on complex refrigeration equipment. Performs installs, repairs, adjustments and replacement of refrigeration components, such as compressors, engines, coils, and electrical systems. Enhances service department and organizations reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing work that meets and exceeds customer expectations. Practices and promotes a safety culture.
*Relocation assistance available*
*Shift will be determined by the needs of PPG customers*
*Cross training for Detroit Diesel, Allison Transmission, Carrier Refrigeration, and Fleet repair available*
What You Will Do:
- Inspects, maintains and repairs refrigeration units, and all systems/components related to heavy duty tractors, trailers, and refrigeration units
- Tests systems, components and connections using electrical, mechanical and Freon test equipment
- Diesel engine repairs
- Compressor repair
- Soldering and brazing of refrigerant lines
- Charges and leak checks refrigeration systems
- Performs pre-start up checks on equipment and communicates repairs necessary
- Read complex wiring diagrams, blue prints, and schematics
- Performs and interprets diagnostic testing to determine malfunctions on all equipment types
- Verifies equipment performance by conducting system tests, and downloads
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications
- Requisitions material and supplies from supervisor; and orders from stock room
- Rebuilding components on equipment
- Complete all Repair Orders in a timely manner ensuring all labor and parts are charged to the appropriate unit
- Attend to all company training classes
- Ability to operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Capacity to demonstrate technical knowledge of refrigeration systems, materials, methods and tools to perform, prioritize and complete work
- Utilize critical thinking skills, problem solving abilities, and exercises good judgment when completing tasks in an efficient, correct and productive manner
- Active listening skills, oral/written comprehension and commitment to perform quality service
- Specialized knowledge to analyze and solve complex problems
- Learn and understand time constraints associated with specific repairs within time guide standards
- Continuous, concentrated mental and visual effort to plan and perform complex work safely
- Knowledgeable of computer related applications and software
What You Will Need:
- Possess aptitude in a technical and mechanical role and willingness to learn about Transport Refrigeration Units (TRU’s).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Make yourself available to become 608/609 refrigerant certified.
- Commercial or Industrial HVAC/R experience would be considered.
- Must own and develop personal tools to improve the quantity and quality of repairs
- Work in a safe manner, stretching and loosening up prior to work, lifting properly
- Proper paperwork associated s/n, cause, correction, and final inspection
- Precise tech write up and completeness
- Ability to work on- call schedule and overtime
- Clean driving record
What Penn Offers:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Annual Tool and Shoe Allowance; Uniforms
- On-going paid training
- Tuition Reimbursement
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job requires frequent activities such as standing, walking, pushing and pulling up to 75lbs. and lifting up to 50lbs and be able to stand for long hours. The position also requires occasional balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching/working overhead and climbing. Many tasks require the use of one or both hands such as installing parts, using wrenches, tools and other diagnostic equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to work in all types of climates including extreme hot and cold. While working with refrigeration and heavy duty diesel and automotive equipment you may be exposed to hazards such as the exposure to dust fumes and gases, being near moving machinery and driving automotive equipment along with other hazards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For more information about PENN Power Group, please visit our website at www.pennpowergroup.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please no phone calls.
Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (215) 335-0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted.