Miyamoto International is in business to make the world a better, safer place. We provide expert high-performance earthquake + structural engineering and disaster mitigation services, as well as response and reconstruction assistance to some of the world’s most devastating disasters. Our work improves the environment and safety of pre- and post-disaster communities, schools, hospitals, historical monuments, international icons and more.
We are currently seeking a Junior UX/UI Designer to be based out of our Puerto Rico office. Miyamoto International is among the nation’s fastest growing structural engineering companies. With 30 locations across the globe, our team members adapt to new challenges that reflect the diverse needs of the domestic and international communities we serve.
As a Junior UX/UI Designer on the team, you will be working closely with our Brand Manager, creative designers, and IT leads to create outstanding customer experiences through clean, intuitive, and accessible UI. You will be an advocate for our customers, championing usability and setting a high bar for Miyamoto International quality user experiences.
Key Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- A deep understanding of UX/UI best practices and a passion for SEO-friendly site architecture
- Independently creating user journeys, wireframes, information architecture, user flows, mockups, and prototypes to communicate designs; and iterate on designs based on feedback from stakeholders and customers
- Producing finished design specs with detailed requirements for the final customer user interface
- Collaborating with IT management to ensure designs are feasible and implemented properly
- Ensuring our web experience UI is accessible to customers with a wide range of abilities and experience.
- Embracing Miyamoto's core value of "Positively Impact Society," creating a safe
space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines, departments, and locations around the world
Miyamoto International is seeking the best and brightest professionals to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated leader with exceptional communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks. Flexibility, organizational skills, project collaboration and accountability are integral components to achieving our goals. Your entrepreneurial spirit should motivate others, inspire new ideas and contribute toward business-development strategies. Successful candidates share our passion for helping others and strives to improve the quality of their work with each new challenge. This is an opportunity to expand your creativity and build your expertise in the field.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.
- BA/BS in Design, Development, or another related field
- A strong portfolio or 1-2 years of experience building and designing websites/web pages/social ads
- Pitching designs in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal communication skills
- Balancing, prioritizing, and organizing tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-critiquing and accepting outside feedback
- Being self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Fluent in English, written and verbal