Inscripta® is a life science technology company committed to creating a cleaner, healthier, and more sustainable world through biomanufacturing. A global leader in genome engineering, our innovations are designed to unlock the full potential of the bioeconomy. We are committed to the continued development of critical technologies to bolster and expand domestic biomanufacturing, and spur new, safe, and secure biotech innovations. Inscripta has operations in Pleasanton and Burlingame, California. Inscripta is committed to cutting-edge science, purposeful work, healthy work-life flexibility, fostering and celebrating diversity, and competitive compensation & benefits for employees.
We are seeking a Scientist II/Scientist III in our Pleasanton office.
As a Scientist 2/Scientist 3 in the Innovation group, you will be responsible for developing tools and approaches to tackle cutting edge research in E. coli, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and other microbes. We are seeking a candidate to work closely with internal and external collaborators on cross-functional teams to generate high-quality data across multiple projects. The ideal candidate will bring experience in genome or metabolic engineering to develop state-of-the-art techniques and workflows to enhance microbial engineering. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on experiments and will work closely with a world class team of strain engineers, automation engineers, and computer scientists.
· Design, build, and test novel microbial genome engineering systems centered on addressing improvements to small- and macro-molecule production.
· Develop workflows and constructs to enhance rapid and high-throughput genome engineering.
· Collaborate with internal and external partners to aid in developing new microbial systems.
· Leverage multiomics datasets, high-throughput screening, and other phenotyping approaches to guide genome design.
· Organize generated strains and strain pools and experimental data for internal and external presentations.
· Provide support to project teams to test and enhance workflows.
· PhD in biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience is required.
· Experience with yeast, E. coli, and other microbial organisms; expertise in bioproduction, metabolic engineering, CRISPR-based gene editing, or DNA repair is preferred.
· Experience with NGS and laboratory automation is preferred.
· Experience with data analysis, visualization, and interpretation is preferred.
· High level of organization, efficiency, and attention to detail.
· Commitment to improve process and efficiency.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Starting salary range: $95,000-$152,000 per year. This salary range is provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate's qualifications and experience and may be outside this range.
At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be.