The Shipping & Clerk is primarily responsible for all daily shipping and receiving for NetPlay USA. This person will participate in organization and facilitation of daily shipments, understand packaging requests and requirements, labeling of all outbound packaging, scheduling order pickup, shipping vendor relations, and receipt of all incoming goods to NetPlay USA. Furthermore, this person will serve as the primary backup to the InCord Shipping Coordinator. The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will report to the Global Supply Chain Manager and serve as an asset to the entire Supply Chain team, serving wherever is needed.
Duties and responsibilities
Shipping (InCord & NetPlay USA)
The Shipping & Clerk will be responsible for reviewing all orders on a daily basis and working the Shipping Coordinator on prioritizing and getting all orders shipped in a timely fashion. The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will be required to primarily ship for NetPlay USA, as well as serve as the backup to the InCord Shipping Coordinator, not only in their absence, but daily as needed to assist in the volume of orders shipping out the door.
Receiving (InCord & NetPlay USA)
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will primarily be responsible for receiving purchase orders issued from NetPlay USA. Approximately 75% of the inventory for NetPlay USA is manufactured by InCord, so the Shipping & Receiving Clerk will have to work closely with the InCord Shipping Coordinator in regard to when orders are ready to be received. All goods should be properly labeled with inventory labels with corresponding purchase order and sales order numbers. This person will also serve as a backup for Receiving for InCord as well.
Billing, Quotes, & Contracts
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will be responsible for providing estimated shipping quotes required by the Sales staff. This includes and is not limited to international shipments including customs and duty fees, full container shipments, expedited shipments, standard LTL, and UPS/FedEx and other ground shipments.
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will be required to communicate with all carriers in the event of a lost or damaged shipment and manage any resulting claim through to claim payment. It is the responsibility of the Shipping Clerk to track, locate, and document resolution of such lost goods.
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will be required to participate in all negotiations and meetings with freight and small parcel representatives to maximize cost savings and service from all our freight vendors.
• Experience working in a shipping department, in both domestic and foreign shipments
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment with tight turnaround times, while maintaining attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills; good written and verbal English
• Ability to work individually and as a team
• Willingness to take on any task required to improve Supply Chain efficiency of both InCord & NetPlay USA
• Strong phone skills
• Proven customer (internal and external) support experience
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• High School Diploma required, Associate’s Degree preferred, with prior shipping and/or receiving experience