At Refined Technologies, we believe operating with an eternal purpose fuels excellence. This guides everything we do; it gives us a purpose that is greater than ourselves. RTI is the leader in the chemical cleaning segment of the refining industry, providing patented chemistries, processes, and equipment for cleaning and treating units during shutdowns. While focused on clients, we are fueled by our mission to: Honor God Always, Help People Develop, Pursue Excellence, and Earn a Profit.
We are a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial-minded organization full of servant-hearted leaders. Want to know more about our culture? Check out the RTI Playbook. If you’re ready for your work to matter, we’re ready to hear from you!
We’re currently growing our team of Artisans with a Proposal Specialist. RTI has recently created a new team dedicated to supporting Business Development (BD) from the identification of opportunities through to contract. The BD Support team defines, improves, and owns our BD processes and tools with four key areas of focus: Pipeline - Salesforce (CRM tool); Proposals – creation, improvement, management and processes; Getting Paid - support of PO receipt, reconciliation and management; Performance - Get Feedback (client survey tool). This position will be a force multiplier to all Directors of Business Development, providing internal support to win work for RTI. This is a fantastic role to learn our business, build relationships with key influencers, and acquire valuable business experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Deliver excellent proposals by collaborating with Directors of Business Development, leveraging ‘go-by’ content, and creating a deliverable with strong, clear writing, stimulating visuals, accurate estimates, and focused responses to client questions.
· Demonstrate ownership of proposal development and production from RFP receipt to contract award.
· Proofread all proposals (created by yourself and others) for grammar, spelling, formatting, direct responses to client questions, meeting technical requirements, etc.
· Work with Directors of Business Development to determine pricing, rates, and timelines for the opportunity.
· Comply with department, team and project processes and identify innovative ways for improving efficiency of proposal process.
· Learn about RTI – our people, products, services, and culture; express our differentiators to our clients in a relevant way through customized proposals.
· Work with subject matter experts to deliver complete answers to client questions. Build a library of go-by responses to reduce the hours required to address questions.
· Track proposal activity and status to provide visibility to Proposal Manager, Director of BD Processes, EVP of Business Development and COO.
· Work with Marketing and Communications team to ensure alignment between marketing collateral and proposal visuals, messaging, etc. Ensure proposals reflect RTI’s philosophies and mission.
· Organize customer provided information.
· Develop proposal department resource library of proposal tools, documents and graphics.
· Identify ways to create value and simplify the proposal process.
· Demonstrate a complete understanding of the Request for Proposal (RFP) and/or Request for Qualification (RFQ) process for a variety of RTI opportunities (Chemical Cleaning, Mechanical Facilities, RX, 3rd Party coordination, Reactive Chemistry, and new applications).
· Support maintenance of RTI’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
· Special projects as appropriate. This position will continue to grow with the newly created BD Support Team expanded roles and responsibilities.
· Demonstrate the ability to follow and understand refinery process and instrument drawings (P&IDs) and refinery process flow diagrams (PFDs).
· Develop the skill to accurately identify refinery process equipment such as HX, towers, drums etc.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preference for Business or Engineering Degree (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Proposals in Energy industry.
· A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
· Operations experience or industry knowledge is a plus!
· SharePoint is a plus!
· Salesforce is a plus!
· A team-oriented, collaborative, resourceful and positive can-do attitude.
· Highly organized and can prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Reliable written and oral communications skills; communicates clearly in writing and uses correct spelling and grammar.
· Detail oriented.
· Customer focused and highly relational, even under pressure.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
· Work will typically be performed in an office environment using routine office equipment.
· Ability to lift 15-30 pounds as needed when moving mail, business files and/or papers.
· Only as needed for training, off-site meetings, etc.
About Refined Technologies
RTI is a global industrial solutions provider delivering value to process facilities through expert-level refinery professionals skilled in operations, engineering, and process supervision. RTI helps those who fuel the world produce energy more effectively by delivering safe, fast, and predictable shutdowns in upstream and downstream facilities through innovative operations teams and revolutionary cleaning technologies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Refined Technologies, Inc. without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (e.g., TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.