At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique.
Walton Arts Center Inc. operates two campuses: a 1,200-seat proscenium theatre and 269-seat black box in Fayetteville and an 11,000-capacity outdoor Amphitheatre known as the Walmart AMP in Rogers, AR. Walton Arts Center has been Arkansas’ premier performing arts center for over 30 years and Walmart AMP has consistently been one of Billboard's top-rated amphitheaters producing 30 plus concerts per season.
Located in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, NWA (as the locals refer to it) includes Benton, Washington, and Madison counties, with five cities: Bentonville, Fayetteville, Rogers, Springdale, and Siloam Springs. The economic opportunity is unparalleled, but so is the lifestyle — see: 400-plus miles of mountain biking trails and paved pathways, a thriving arts community complete with world-class performing arts center and museums, a legitimate beer and food scene, and live music to enjoy. Best of all, it’s a place where everyone is welcome.
This position is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to patrons of the Walmart AMP while representing the organizational mission and brand of Walton Arts Center and Walmart AMP. Primary duties include providing information, as well as selling and printing tickets for Walmart AMP, Walton Arts Center, and other partner organizations.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Sell, process, and print tickets.
- Help solve ticketing issues with patrons.
- Check and return phone messages.
- Maintain cash drawers with appropriate change.
- Represent Walton Arts Center / Walmart AMP at both on and off-site events, as requested.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons and act as an information resource regarding shows at the Walton Arts Center & Walmart AMP.
- Maintain the highest levels of accuracy regarding all ticket-related and financial transactions.
- Maintain clean database through patron merges and up to date patron information.
- Stay informed of changes to Box Office policy and communicate those changes to patrons as needed.
- Maintain professional working relationships with teammates, fellow staff members from other departments, vendors, patrons, and tenants of leased spaces.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
A minimum of 1 year in a customer service role. Experience in a venue or call center environment preferred but not required.
Education, Training, Traits
- An on-going desire to learn new things and improve both personally and professionally.
- Willingness to learn and operate ticketing system (Tessitura).
- Solid understanding of standard Microsoft Office Tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone or in person to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Happy to work flexible hours including early mornings, nights, and weekends.
- Ready to work independently as well as with others to carry out assignments.
- A knack for minor troubleshooting and problem-solving while keeping a calm and professional demeanor.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Must have a working cell phone and be willing to install basic applications and be willing to use it for work purposes.
- Must be able to endure sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to endure standing or walking for extended periods of time on various surfaces such as concrete, grass, and inclined surfaces.
- Must be able to endure outdoor elements including cold, heat, wind, and/or precipitation.
- Must be able to work in large, crowded environments, with flashing lights, loud music and noises, pyrotechnics, and cannons as part of shows and events.