The Talent Acquisition Specialist reports to the Talent Acquisition Manager and performs a critical role in the recruitment process and partners with the Talent Acquisition Manager to extend employment offers and manage the pre-employment process to include background verifications and fingerprinting. In addition, this position serves as a primary point of contact for Aspire team members seeking information or guidance pertaining to HR information or the status of new hires.
Engage new hires in the pre-boarding process to gather required information and documentation to verify each candidate’s employability.
- Extend written employment offers to some new hires.
- Obtain required documents for background checks (9 required) and identification verification.
- Ensure new hires complete TB/Fingerprinting requirements.
- Facilitate the new hire STOFHLA Reading comprehension test.
- Provide all new hire documentation to HR Assistant to create new employee files.
- Coordinate IT resource to configure a laptop for each new hire and conduct device training.
- Ensure each new hire receives an Aspire ID badge with the requested facility access.
Utilize the HRIS and Learning Management System to maintain data and generate reports.
- Maximize the HRIS to facilitate the new hire process.
- Track all new hire documentation and send weekly reports to hiring managers.
- Request status reports from the HR Training Specialist
Reporting to this Position: None
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of methods and practices of sound records management; ability to prepare and maintain records
- Effective communicator (Verbal and written)
- Team Player; Collaborative
- Basic math and writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and prioritization
- Exceptional follow through skills
- Must be willing to travel locally between Cook and Lake Counties
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications or related field
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Prior work experience in human resources/talent acquisition
- Knowledge of state regulatory compliance requirements for a human services agency
- Experience with Paylocity or other HRIS or ATS
#talent acquisition coordinator