General Summary of Position
This position is responsible for day-today customer service and support. Ensures superior and responsive customer service
in support of current clients and to secure new business. Daily customer interactions and inventory management while also
exhibits the timing and veracity of rates and a working knowledge and understanding of the Transportation and Contract
Packaging standard documentation, processes and compliance regulations. Must provide strong data control with timely
and accurate reporting and strong attention to detail.
• Responsible for acting as customer service liaison with customer relations with scheduling and confirming trucks, load
tendering, load entry, problem issues follow up and resolution.
• Ongoing outreach to customers and potential customers to drive additional business.
• Provides superior service in timely, professional and responsive verbal and written correspondence with customers
• Ensures accurate inventory management.
• Inputs data timely and accurately notifying Supervisor to discrepancies.
• Responsible for Pick Tickets and Bill of Ladings (BOL). Creates pick tickets based upon customer direction and BOLs as
• Pulls inventory from 3PL.
• Provides accurate and timely reporting and ad hoc reports as requested.
• Ensures accurate and timely attention to detail in data control. Organizes and ensures accurate up to date files and
• Understand SOPs and properly instituting them.
• Provides attention to detail and proactively address issues in a timely manner.
• Provides continuous quality checks and alerts management to issues.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
• Operates safely in all conditions.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Follows company policies and procedures.
Supervisory/ Management Requirement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of 1 year warehouse, contract packaging or customer service experience required.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with appropriate equipment or assistance.
• Customer contact and prior experience preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Must respond well to questions and have ability to read,
interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals
and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet
• Attention to detail including accurate data and numbers.
• Ability to organize/prioritize work in order to productively and efficiently meet deadlines.
• Professional presence with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and problem solve effective solutions.
• Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
• Experience with standard Microsoft Office and related technology.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
• Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.