The Installation Technician is responsible for providing electromechanical support for the installation of TARGAN’s commercial chick vaccination and processing systems used in commercial poultry hatchery locations across the continental US. This person must have strong electrical and mechanical knowledge to successfully set up, install, integrate, and validate TARGAN’s commercial poultry vaccination and automated sorting systems. The position requires understanding and working with electrical and pneumatic schematics, system drawings and diagrams, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications to complete the job in a timely manner. They must have excellent communications and problem-solving skills while adhering to all required electrical and mechanical safety standards as part of the system installation process. This position requires extensive travel to customer poultry sites across the continental US to complete commercial system installations, Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), and training of customer personnel (operations and maintenance) for all installed TARGAN vaccination, sorting, and related sub-systems.
- Primary responsibility is to work with a team to successfully assemble, connect, and install TARGAN’s automated vaccination and sorting systems consisting of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment. This will require the use of hand or power tools, heavy lifting machinery, and other diagnostic and testing devices to ensure proper fit and function for all TARGAN and interconnected system operations in a commercial poultry production facility.
- The installation technician must be capable of reading and interpreting different diagrams, sketches, engineering drawings, specifications, schematics, manuals, and manufacturer's work instructions to successfully unpack, assemble, integrate, test, and validate the installation and integration of TARGAN systems with other existing automation equipment.
- This person must have strong problem-solving skills to assess, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic unplanned issues and repairs during initial customer site assessment, installation, integration, testing, and validation.
- With training and support, the installation technician will become an expert in TARGAN system setup, operations, diagnostics and troubleshooting. Which includes performing some general PLC & control systems operational and basic diagnostics with interconnectivity support from controls team during systems installation.
- The ability to train hatchery supervisors, operators, and maintenance personnel on the required system performance parameters, operations, and basic maintenance and troubleshooting.
- This person will provide coordination support for system installation by working directly with the installation project manager, as well as with the customer and any 3rd party suppliers while on site.
- The job requires physical stamina including standing or kneeling for extended periods of time as well as the ability to climb ladders when installing wiring and equipment.
- This position will require extensive travel (up to 90%), including nights and weekends to commercial poultry production locations in the continental US.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An associate degree or higher in electro/mechanical systems or related curriculum from an accredited institution preferred.
- Experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
Experience and Certifications
- Electrical, mechanical, and/or welding experience/certifications are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends.
- Willingness to train on company-specific technical equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills to handle equipment/system movement, adjustments, modifications, and repairs in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication and customer service skills are necessary to interact directly with multiple levels of customer personnel.
- Proven mechanical aptitude and with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot electromechanical systems
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Self-motivator and self-starter.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, judgment, and initiative.
- Able to understand and follow blueprints, machine drawings, and electrical & pneumatic drawings and schematics.
- Master the use of variety of common power and hand tools.
- Able to learn, produce, and submit accurate installation and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills when coordinating with team members and customers.
- The ability to climb ladders when installing wiring and equipment in a commercial poultry production (hatchery) environment.
- Physical stamina when standing or kneeling for extended periods of time.
- Are proficient in the use of a laptop computer, tablet and related software, once trained
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently and follow all safety/precautionary procedures.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record
- Extended period of standing.
- Lifting and/or pushing objects up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis
- Lifting and/or pushing objects up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Working with heavy `machinery or equipment on X regular occasional basis.
- Working at heights of up to 12 feet.
- Working with birds or other animals.