Rotate with other facility personnel to function as Manager on Duty (MOD) who maintains responsibility and authority over all clients, employees, security, and safety within the Convention Center. Responsibilities include ensuring contractual agreements and event requirements are met. On-duty employees and subcontractors ultimately report to the MOD through any managers or supervisors who are present during the event. Manager on Duty acts as a “shift leader” and is responsible for ensuring the highest possible standards of customer service and facility presentation. This is a part-time position that works outside of normal business hours.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with Event Services, Guest Services, and Operations to provide excellent front of house support for all events and provide the best service possible.
- Coordinate and manage on-site events to ensure the event’s specific requirements are met.
- Maintain constant communication with the client while on site.
- Handle conflict, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Assist with special needs or requests from our clients and communicate to our staff in a timely manner.
- Maintain record of all event-related expenses and report to Event Services Department.
- Produce and distribute end of shift MOD Report summarizing events of each day and suggestions for improvement.
Guest Services & Security
- Maintain the proper image and generate positive public relations with clients.
- Supervise event staff. Provide necessary training and information to guarantee the staff remains well informed of the day’s events.
- Continuously learn and provide routine information regarding events operations, policies, and procedures.
- Respond to crowd control and/or crowd management situations in a prompt and decisive manner and orally respond in a professional and diplomatic manner during crisis and/or sympathetic situations.
- Work with the Safety and Security departments to ensure patron and employee safety and assist with coordinating staffing deployment for the most effective and efficient use of event support personnel.
- Respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
- Make immediate decisions and communicate with all users of the facility in an emergency.
- Complete Incident Reports and any other necessary paperwork as needed.
- Assist Guest Services Manager with timely responses to all customer comments, complaints, and compliments, and coordinate with other departments with service recovery responses.
- Coordinate and arrange for special accommodations for groups with special needs and assisting Guest Services Manager with ensuring strict adherence to Americans with
- Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Self-starter mindset that works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications, and leadership.
- Be extremely hands-on, anticipate, analyze, and solve problems, deal with the unexpected, and ensure highest quality execution of every event. Special attention to detail is critical.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain the highest standard of professionalism and properly represent the Gas South District. Continuously strive to exceed expectations.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event coordination and event-related services.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, guests, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to calmly respond to customer complaints in person and over the phone.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Navigate the facility quickly and efficiently – position requires personal mobility.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate portable radio and standard office equipment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to tolerate bright lights, loud noises, and varying temperatures regularly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to legally operate a motor vehicle in the state of Georgia.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED. Minimum of one year of related experience in the special events or meeting planning industry. Two to three years preferred. Minimum one year of customer service experience is required.
High school diploma or GED and one to two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.