SPR Therapeutics, headquartered in Beachwood/Highland Hills, OH, is a rapidly growing medical device company specializing in a non-opioid, breakthrough treatment for pain management. In response to our growth and commercial success, we are adding our first inside legal role, Legal Counsel. This position is a highly visible position responsible for collaborating with Senior Leadership and external legal Counsel as needed to provide analysis and counsel on legal and policy issues.
· Oversee both internal and external legal functions of the business.
· Develop the company’s policy and position on legal matters.
· Provide accurate, relevant, and timely counsel to members of the Company on a variety of legal topics.
· Drafting, reviewing, completing, and filing legal paperwork related to business operations.
· Ensuring relevant laws and outcomes are understood by the Company.
· Oversee all aspects of contract management including editing and developing contract templates to fit business needs.
· Collaborate with Senior Leadership on investor relation activities including overseeing maintenance of Company’s cap table.
· Collaborate with the Promotional Review Team on the review of promotional materials and advise on legal risks accordingly.
· Collaborate with Compliance Committee to support management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
· Assist in ensuring business processes, strategies, and actions comply with all relevant local, state, and federal laws.
· Research new contract laws and ensure compliance.
- Licensed attorney in State of Ohio.
- Minimum 4 years of Life Sciences industry experience preferred.
- Experience with corporate & commercial agreements.
- Knowledge of Healthcare regulatory and compliance matters (ex: False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback, HIPPA) preferred.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and evaluate and provide risk minimizing solutions.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally throughout the organization.
- MBA is desirable.
Why Join Our Team
- Voted Top Workplace
- Competitive salary with company-paid medical, dental and vision benefits
- High growth company with game changing technology
- Flexible work/life balance