Technical Services Supervisor (Convention Center) - Full Time
Duluth, GA • Security
Under general supervision of the Director of Event Services (Convention Center), supervise and coordinate the Technical Service staff for events, installations, maintenance, repairs, and general operations of the technical aspects in the Convention Center.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate and schedule part time staff required for events and day-to-day operations as it relates to hanging banners, electrical needs for events, and special requests made by the event or production.
- Monitor and approve all connections to the buildings temporary electrical systems as required for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Supervise events as the Lead-Low-Steel-Rigger, Head Electrician and/or Electrician as needed while overseeing part time, and temporary staff as events require.
- Operate and maintain building lighting, sound, and audio-visual systems when necessary.
- Train part time staff on all necessary job responsibilities throughout the Convention Center.
- Provide approved training for One-Man, Scissor and Boom lifts for the facility as needed.
- Prepare event paperwork for all upcoming events to be used by part-time staff to complete their required responsibilities.
- Maintain documentation on pre-purchased power orders and day of power orders for events. Upon conclusion of event, provide event services and finance final totals of power used for billing purposes.
- Maintain all electrical storage rooms and expendables through inventory control. Supply suggested purchase requisitions as necessary to maintain necessary inventory to fulfill event needs.
- Develop and implement equipment preventative maintenance programs.
- Conduct regular maintenance and repairs on equipment as needed to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Attend weekly event meetings and client pre-cons.
- Respond to crowd control and/or crowd management situations.
- Respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Possess knowledge and experience in industry terminology, event-related services, facility capabilities and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Possess an understanding of facility’s electrical, mechanical, and other systems.
- Be detail oriented and possess excellent follow-through skills.
- Demonstrate advance problem-solving skills.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with little supervision.
- Advance knowledge of a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, and other related materials.
- Meet the physical demands of the job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility) and working from various heights. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing.
- Be able to withstand moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, Gator, pallet jacks, carts fire extinguishers or other light power-driven equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form. Effective written communication is very important.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, guests, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Remain professional and manage confidential information.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in and at least three years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.