Do you enjoy delivering high-quality products and services while collaborating with like-minded professionals? If so, we want you on our remote development team!
BerkOne is currently seeking a motivated .NET Application Engineer to join our growing company!
WHAT WE DO:
BerkOne's innovative workforce takes pride in developing creative solutions to our customers' business challenges. As an integral part of our application development team, the .NET Application Engineer will analyze and maintain custom tax applications and develop new tax-related software. This position allows for autonomy and independence and is primarily self-reliant.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a .NET Application Engineer with BerkOne, you’ll work with users and members of other technical teams to meet business and legal requirements and improve business operations. You’ll be expected to:
- Take the lead in solutions design, as well as maintain and enhance existing complex systems
- Facilitate meetings to gather required information to design and create new systems as well a create project documentation
- Collaborate and communicate with multiple internal teams across various departments to ensure projects are on task
- Take a lead in all technical aspects of the project lifecycle: research, analysis, design, coding, developer and user acceptance testing, deployment, user training, and documentation
- Understand database design and implement database changes using best practices
- Take initiative to correct systems-threatening incidents
- Effectively communicate with clients, management, system users and internal and external technical staff.
As a remote employee, you’ll meet with your team via MS Teams to stay connected. We are a collaborative and highly supportive team that shares information freely and gives you the tools you need to succeed.
LOCATION + START DATE:
- Work from home (Home office is located in Bethlehem, PA)
- Day shift, Monday to Friday
PAY + BENEFITS:
- Salary: 80K - 85K (commensurate with experience)
- Medical, dental, vision (elected benefits start the 1st of the month after 45 days of employment)
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Profit Sharing
- Basic Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Travel Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Preparation of Wills
- Optional pet insurance
WHY WORK WITH BERKONE?
Here at BerkOne, open and honest communication is the mobilizing force that maintains the integrity of our company. We interact with each other and our clients with respect and trust. Our employees drive the success of our organization, and we are committed to providing the environment for them to succeed! We encourage the use of information, imagination, and initiative to develop innovative solutions.
Check out our real-world results at berkone.com
BerkOne is an equal opportunity employer and offers a friendly work environment, competitive wages, great work life balance, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, paid vacation, 401K, and sick time. All positions require a successful reference check, criminal background check and drug screen.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The successful candidate will have strong logic/problem-solving skills, the ability to grasp system design, and an inquisitive mind. We are looking for someone who can take a lead role in driving complex projects from beginning to end.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 4-6 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert knowledge of C#, T-SQL, Visual Studio, and SQL Server Management Studio.
- History of leadership and collaboration on complex multi-team projects
- Proven experience driving projects from beginning to end
- Ability to conduct all phases of the software development life cycle
- Excellent communication, coordination, and documentation skills
If you’re not afraid to dig into code and like figuring out how things work, you’ll enjoy being a part of our high performing and supportive team.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in the tax, financial, or document processing industries
- Candidates within commuting distance to Bethlehem, PA are preferred