Do you want to grow your career in An American Classical Education, helping students to live responsible, courageous, and virtuous lives? Ascent Classical Academies is currently hiring an Executive Assistant for its Northern Colorado campus in Windsor, Colorado, to begin in the 2023-2024 school year.
Ascent Classical Academies are dedicated to the intellectual and moral betterment of students and encourage teachers to take their own moral and intellectual improvement seriously as part of a supportive and excellence-driven culture. At Ascent Classical Academy charter schools, well-educated and articulate faculty utilize direct instruction to convey real knowledge to students using traditional teaching methods. Teachers enjoy a wide array of resources as they create their own lessons within the content-rich curriculum to engage students in a positive and virtue-imbued learning experience in the liberal arts. General education grammar school teachers experience the joy of mastering the key elements of their instruction, such as explicit phonics, Singapore math, Core Knowledge history and science, and English grammar with support from peers within the school and other Ascent Classical Academy network schools.
Desired Start Date: August 1, 2023, Full-Time
Compensation Range and Particulars: $45,000-48,000 annually. Pay is spread evenly over 12 months. Depending on funding and enrollment, performance pay may also be available.
Schedule and Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
- Competitive compensation package including performance pay and stipends available
- Employee-only coverage for group medical, dental, and vision plan; dependent coverage available
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance plans
- Retirement investment account with employer match
- Paid time off for a wide array of health reasons for employees and dependents, consistent with the Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Free employee benefit and healthcare guidance
- Paid leave for qualifying events under the Family Medical Leave Act
- Robust teacher training including several weeks of on-site training
About Ascent Classical Academies
Ascent Classical Academies partners with a network of classical charter schools based in Colorado delivering a content-rich curriculum in the liberal arts and sciences, with underlying principles in the Western tradition of the study of history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts. Our American Classical Education includes, among other things, the study of Latin; a rich examination of American literary, moral, philosophical, political, and historical tradition; and a school culture centered upon moral virtue, respect, discipline, and studiousness among students and faculty alike. Ascent Classical Academy charter schools currently serve approximately 1,700 students in K-12 campuses located in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of Colorado, with significant expansion planned throughout Colorado, the Carolinas, and beyond.
See Ascent Classical Academy of Northern Colorado and Ascent Classical Academy of Douglas County to learn more about our existing schools.
The successful candidate will also foster professional friendships with faculty and staff, seek collaborative relationships with parents, and mentor students in the pursuit of their own flourishing. Responsibilities will include:
- Serves as a liaison between the Headmaster, the Deans, and the staff
- Triage all incoming requests for the Headmasters time and expertise
- Promotes visibility and accessibility between the Headmaster and the staff
- Manage the day-to-day scheduling of meetings, phone calls, etc. for the Headmaster
- Manage the inbox and phone line of the Headmaster
- Manages school’s master calendar (internal master) and public calendar
- Manage the scheduling of staff meetings and trainings as directed
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of organizational chart, redirects faculty/staff to appropriate venues
- Manages the organization and cleanliness of online drives
- Assist the Headmaster in parent and community event scheduling, planning, and execution
- Serves as an information funnel, filter, and facilitator with internal and external stakeholders
- Oversees and coordinates a staff committee on planning and execution of staff bonding and events (Social Committee)
- Prepares agenda and necessary materials for all staff meetings
- Sits as a member of the site Executive Team
- Reviews and edits pitch decks, presentations, proposals, and communications for the Headmaster
- Track high-priority initiatives for the headmaster to predict potential obstacles
- Drafts, manages, and releases the weekly staff newsletter, Week at a Glance
- Manages and updates all onsite staff records
- Assists Human Resources department with onboarding new hires onsite, including documentation and orientation, and collaborate with the Headmaster’s and Deans’ to resolve all employee concerns
- Provide assistance to the coordinators in Paylocity, time off, and time cards
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or higher
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education
- Dedication to the value of a rigorous liberal arts education
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school and board policies.