Kansas City, MO • Engagement
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Development team with comprehensive efforts to identify, cultivate, establish, and maintain relationships with current and prospective individual and institutional donors and sponsors.
Key Accountabilities and Functions
- Absorb, understand, and commit to the Library’s strategic plan and collaborate with other Library departments to implement effective fundraising strategies that advance organizational goals.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to manage and grow a portfolio of corporate and individual donors.
- Perform prospect research on corporate, foundation, and individual donors and steward growth with existing donor base.
- Research, identify, and prepare inquiries, proposals, and electronic grants as directed by the Director of Development.
- Assist the Director of Development in supporting the Library’s Business Leadership Council and Stellae Novae Society engagement groups.
- Track and enter donor and prospect data into the Library’s CRM, Salesforce. Maintain data accuracy and consistency with CRM and other departmental applications.
- Collaborate with the Public Programs and Communications departments to leverage efforts to attract support, create fundraising materials, and solicitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for an account portfolio that equates to roughly 20% of the annual fundraising goals.
- A bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of work experience in a comparable role.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Excellent oral communications skills, with the ability to engage current and potential donors.
- Networking ability, including the capacity to leverage connections to increase donor base.
- Experience in building supportive constituencies through ongoing community outreach and creating and maintaining relationships with other organizations.
- Experience deploying social media to support development strategies.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art CRMs and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced Excel skills are preferable.
- Highly detail-oriented, self-directed, with proven ability to juggle multiple projects.