ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH Powerrail
AMAZING PAY OPPORTUNITIES
- Work on the latest equipment in the industry! Average truck age is 2 years.
- Advancement opportunities available
- Apprenticeship program also available
- 1.5x for overtime after 40 hours
· Employee stock ownership plan
· 401(k) plan
· Company-paid Life insurance
· Company-paid Disability insurance
· Company-subsidized Health insurance
· Dental/vision insurance
· Flexible spending account
· Health savings account
· Paid vacation and personal time off
· Paid Holidays
· Wellness program
· Employee Discounts
· Opportunities for advancement
· Service Truck and Uniforms
· Annual work boot reimbursement
- Positive Caring Culture
Our Locomotive Service Techs travel to customer sites to perform maintenance, repairs or upgrades on locomotives.
Ø Repair, maintain or upgrade locomotives at customer sites.
Ø Communicate with Field Manager using cell phone and internet.
Ø Fill out work orders and document parts used and labor times for repairs completed.
Ø Drive service truck from home to service site and return to home. Keep service truck fueled and complete proper maintenance to keep service truck operational. Keep service truck clean.
Ø Keep service truck parts inventoried and restock parts as needed. This includes taking along parts that may be needed to complete repairs on site.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to operate shop tools and air tools. (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Operate a service truck. (Required)
- Ability to read locomotive service manuals. (Required)
- Ability to read an electrical Schematic: (Preferred)
- Welding ( Preferred)
- Able to work independently. (Required)
- Ability to lift in excess of 100 lbs. (Required)
- Work authorization (Required)
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug screens, criminal background check, and annual driver’s licenses review.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years diesel mechanical experience.
- Locomotive Repair: 2 years (Preferred)
- Ability to read and write in English
- Good communications skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry experience.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Powerrail provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate based on an applicant's age.
PowerRail is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer. PowerRail is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now, or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas.
For further questions, please email: HR@epowerrail.com
Job Type: Full-time, travel
Pay: Competitive with experience
Work Location: Nationwide customer facilities