Are you ready for a new challenge?
Interested in working in a company where personal initiative, creative thinking and the ability to implement strategic change are rewarded? We work hard, play hard and want our people to grow.
BCI has a proud history, over 84 years, of providing many industries including Agricultural, Automotive, and Defense, with end-to-end manufacturing solutions. Our people and our culture are our greatest assets and we need to add a safety leader who can lead our team to the next level.
We are looking for a safety leader who knows how to train effectively, monitor our processes and make people safety their primary concern. BCI is family owned and we care about our people, their individual growth and safety.
Our goals is to be a place where innovation, strategic planning and hard work are rewarded. Our ideal safety leader cares about people, is able to enthusiastically train our team on the most up to date safety procedures and ultimately lead our team, through accountability, to a safe future.
If your looking for a place to relax and watch the world go by, please save us both the time and look for a safe harbor. We are energetic, driven and relentless – complacent is the opposite of who we are..
Here is how we view as a win / win:
An Innovative Spirit:
- Ability to see the “big picture” while managing day-to-day
- Able to take big picture and create plan for others to follow with team, great culture as the goal
- A “we could do this better” attitude
- Ability and desire to find solutions, when the path is not well lighted
- Be a driver! Errors of commission are great, errors of omission are not great
- Relentless desire for improvement
- Desire to lead “rockstars” by being one and sharing the experience
Decisive Leader who can make it happen
- A “We can do it!” attitude.
- Can manage, make decisions and be a visible leader for our production team.
- Ability to give clear and concise direction to your team, to get them to understand a job well done is a safe job!
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage OPS team, goal – manage support structure for leadership team and sales
- Ideation and process improvement are key for this role.
- Able to budget and plan for strategic initiatives
- Project leadership: Collaborate with other leaders on implementing/rolling out initiatives.
- Share metrics and success stories of team progress and implementation milestones
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Environmental Health, Occupational Safety, or other related degree
- 3 – 5 years safety management experience preferably in a foundry or manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations is required
- Knowledgeable in all State and Federal legal requirements pertaining to the job
- Demonstrated experience in incident investigation and root cause analysis techniques
- Ability to recognize and positively impact safety related issues
- Ability to gather data, formulate statistical analysis and present recommendations to Management
- Computer skills using MS Office Suite
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a bonus!