Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 450+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Human Resources Coordinator will help support and assist the Human Resources team by providing administrative support and employee support. This position will play a vital role in supporting the HR team by assisting with day-to-day administration of benefits, payroll data entry, and maintaining accurate employee files.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Supports Human Resources with day-to-day HR administrative duties
- Assists with recruiting, interview coordination and onboarding new hires
- Assists with the onboarding of new employees by completing new hire paperwork, collecting I-9 documents, completing orientation and scanning paperwork.
- Assists Human Resources with bi-weekly payroll processing, including timecard approval, manual input of bonuses and other incentives and reimbursements.Assist with managing the current attendance program and administering disciplinary warnings under the direction of the Human Resources Generalist.
- Accurately helps to maintain employee files by ensuring paperwork is scanned and uploaded
- Coordinates company activities such as safety recognition, holiday events and more
- Assists Human Resources by entering new hires and terminating employees in the company benefits platform
- Assists Human Resources with various projects for corporate and manufacturing teams
- Assists with employee relations such as conducting investigations, interviews and documentation
- Works with the Human Resources Director, Corporate Recruiter and Plant Management on special projects
- Helps maintain the HR-related dashboard and metrics
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You’ll Bring:
- AA, BA/BS in Human Resources field and/or equivalent years of experience
- At least one year of human resources experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to provide a working atmosphere that is positive and productive
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.