Anticipated Start Date: August 2023
The Preschool Teacher’s Assistant works alongside the Preschool Teachers to promote and maintain a healthy learning environment at our Crossroads Preschool South . While not acting as the teacher on a daily basis, the Teacher’s Assistant is expected to support the Teacher to ensure that all children are able to participate in an age-appropriate engaging lesson each day.
- Be a Dynamic Leader
- Assist the classroom teacher with any and all duties, as assigned and requested.
- Supervise the children individually or in small groups, as needed.
- Lead the Christian education lesson as scheduled for each class.
- In the absence of the teacher, step in as a substitute teacher for the day.
- Help promote and maintain a positive and smoothly functioning atmosphere in the classroom through your support in:
- Nurturing the emotionally unsettled child, ensuring they have a positive day.
- Encouraging children to participate and be a part of the group and activities when their attention strays.
- Disciplining the children, as needed, in order that they learn appropriate behavior expectations and consequences when behavior is inappropriate so they are not a disruption to the entire class.
- Maintain an organized environment
- Organize children’s folders, papers and communication notes/letters to make sure they get home properly, including those who are absent for the day
- Oversee the order, cleanliness and safety of all toys and learning tools
- Assist in keeping the room neat, orderly, attractive, and visually stimulating and inviting to the children.
- Focus on excellent communication
- Communicate concerns with the classroom teacher regarding the children, parents, classroom operations, ideas, suggestions, etc.
- Communicate with parents on routine issues and refer parents to the teacher for serious concerns or problems.
- Be a Team Player
- Attend all staff meetings, as assigned
- Be available for extra-curricular activities including, but not limited to, programs, socials, field trips, parent meetings, etc.
- Model Christ likeness in all you think, say and do.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in preschool, children’s education or similar position, preferred.
- Willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of working with computers, including Google Applications and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to:
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain effective and courteous relationships with those contacted in course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Model behavior and actions consistent with core values of the church.