Our mission is to provide technical solutions for the chemical recycling of post-use plastics. Since its founding in 2020, Cyclyx has been a post-use plastic feedstock management company working with industry participants to develop innovative recycling solutions for all post-use plastics. The Cyclyx Lab in Portsmouth, NH, provides plastic testing services, supports Cyclyx Engineering and Business Development teams and carries out fundamental research & development to discover novel circular recycling pathways for plastics.
The Business Development Lead will be responsible for cultivating strong relationships with new members while maintaining existing member relationships. Additionally, this role will collate and maintain membership information in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database and work closely with the internal staff to develop and implement growth strategies. The ability to be responsive and organized is critical. A professional presence and business sense are also required as this role will work closely with our member partners to develop future strategies and business opportunities.
- Provide Business Analysis support to the Member Engagement Team
- Set annual professional goals and objectives that support larger Member engagement Team and Cyclyx objectives
- Conduct market research and identify potential consortium members
- Cultivate a strong relationship with new members while maintaining existing member relationships
- Collate and maintain membership information in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Work closely with staff across departments to implement growth strategies
- Develop and implement business development strategies and consortium membership engagement plans and analyze industry data to inform or update strategies
- Assist with drafting business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Identify new business opportunities and partners
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and consortium members
- Other duties, as required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and work experience in sales, business development, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of recent, relevant experience working in a fast-paced environment providing business analysis support
- Strong organizational, analytic, and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and self-initiative. You follow through on tasks and do not get overwhelmed easily
- Creative problem-solving experience. You can stay solutions-oriented when presented with a challenge
- Solid computer skills, including strong proficiency with Microsoft 360 skills (Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, Excel) and other computer systems used to be effective and efficient in completing all required tasks
- Experience in a similar role with proven ability to complete tasks on time
- Excellent organizational, verbal communication, and technical writing skills
- Detail and quality oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics
Reports to: Senior Manager, Member Engagement, and Innovation
Type: Exempt; Full-time Position
Work Hours: Flexible, but must be available, 8:00-5:00, Monday to Friday with occasional evening and weekend work.
Work environment: Remote
Travel: Moderate - Less than 25% as needed to meet with members and attend off-site meetings
Physical Demands: Substantially that of a remote office environment; occasional lifting and manual work as needed for event or meeting preparation.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Cyclyx offers a competitive benefits package which goes beyond just a paycheck. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a competitive, company funded (up to 90% company-paid premiums) health, dental, vision and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, and much, much more. We also provide development and growth opportunities because we believe investing in your success is investing in our success. Also, working for a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization, you will have the opportunity to grow professionally and expand your network while building a rewarding and dynamic career.