Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 450+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
Working with the Sr. Director of Information Technology and the Web Development Team, the Magento PHP Developer will assist in the development of features, new widgets, integrations and marketing activations to continue to build our brand and advertise our suite of products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Become a subject matter expert in Whisker’s eCommerce and fulfillment applications
- Builds technical requirements, flow charts, diagrams, and estimations around projects and functionality to be built
- Designs and develops clean, maintainable, performant software
- Builds and maintains widgets to be used by the marketing team in maintenance of Whisker eCommerce properties
- Builds and maintains integrations with new and existing third party providers
- Corrects production issues that impact revenue or fulfillment teams with a high sense of urgency
- Participates in the code-review process, provides feedback to other developers, and keeps an open mind to feedback
- Partners with our Marketing Team to implement improvements that will aid in the marketing efforts, ranking with search engines, and a speedy experience by our internal and external customers
- Makes and delivers on recommendations for functionality and architecture that will keep our platform maintainable and enable stable rapid deployment
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You’ll Bring:
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Developer specializing in the Magento 2 platform
- 3+ years of experience utilizing a project management tool to track the status of projects, bugs, and issues found
- 3+ years of experience with PHP and PHP frameworks, web services, and creating custom modules
- Proficient in developing new widgets and enabling a marketing team to build and maintain pages through the use of those widgets
- Knowledge of SOLID programming principles
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Extreme attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to learn constantly and dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies
- A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to motivate others
- Ability to provide a working atmosphere that is positive and productive
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.