Applied Network Solutions, Inc. (ANS) is a technology company with extensive experience solving difficult problems or issues within the network and cyber domains. Here at ANS, you will have access to a variety of technology experts in today’s innovative technologies with opportunities to enhance your skills in our on-site Technology Innovation Center. Members of our team design and develop the next generation of enterprise networks creating solutions that protect our National assets, critical systems and our way of life. We are looking for thinkers, people that want to be all they can be, dedicating themselves to the mission, while striving to create innovative solutions and real outcomes that will always exceed our customers and clients expectations. If you think you have what it takes, then let’s talk!
ANS is seeking a Systems Engineer in Sterling, VA. This person will provide Windows/UNIX/Linux system maintenance and engineering support to maintain high priority operational systems at a high level of availability and resolve problems based on mission criticality and guidance.
- Perform Tier2 software application maintenance and back-ups on assigned mission systems running operating systems to include: Solaris, UNIX, RU-64 UNIX, SCO UNIX, Linux, VMS, and Windows.
- VMWare administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMWare environments
- Setup, install, and configure ESXi and blade servers.
- Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots.
- Update system process documentation, guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, backup/restore, application loads, disk utilization, system loading, and monitoring.
- Detect, isolate, document, quick report, and resolve system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline.
- Collect diagnostic data describing the environment at the time of the failure, restore systems operation, develop workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
- Document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required.
- Bachelors degree in a related technical discipline and a minimum of 4-6 years' experience with software application maintenance on systems running a variety of operating systems.
- In lieu of degree, possess 12 years of equivalent experience working with customer in technical operations.
- Must have a current DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification or must obtain the certification within the first 60 days of employment (ie., Security+ CE).
- Experience with software application maintenance on systems running a variety of operating systems.
- Good communication skills to effectively and accurately exchange information.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Contribute to completion of project milestones under the specific guidance of program leadership.
- Backup and Recovery - EMC Avamar, EMC Networker, Veritas Netbackup (desired).
- Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) (desired).
ANS offers excellent compensation along with a generous benefits package to include PTO, paid holidays, health-dental-vision-life insurance, 401K, a professional development program that exceeds industry standards and more! We focus on supporting our employees, by creating opportunities to expand your skills, and you will be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance and certification trainings. We highly encourage peer-to-peer recognition, and helping you develop the career you want.
Applied Network Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.