Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. The goal of this Research and Development internship/co-op position is to provide opportunities for students to gain real world experience in agriculture R&D and to help students develop professionally in a progressive manner with an increasing amount of responsibility. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to gain real world experience while working under the supervision of experienced team to meet the company goals pertaining to research processes, product commercialization, and continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
Interns must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
The Research Technician intern role is responsible for supporting the PURIS Grains division in their research and development efforts of Non-GMO and Organic Soybeans, Yellow Field Peas, and Corn.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Execute daily harvest and monitor crop maintenance progress.
- Evaluate field conditions and crop progress.
- Assist team in Breeding procedures.
- Assist team in warehouse operations.
- Assist team in Data Collection and Analysis at farm level & convert the data into reports.
- Assist in field operations includes Planting, spraying, & harvesting etc.
- Willing to travel to different research locations to assist R&D team in farm operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work long hours during cropping season in all weather conditions.
- Willingness to learn new things and help others.
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Crop Science, Agronomy, or another related field
- Crop research experience preferred.
- Agronomy and soil sampling experience preferred.
- Statistical and data analysis experience
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong prioritization skills, flexibility, and ability to multi-task daily.
- Ability to work outside in all conditions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note)
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills, participate and/or work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals.
- Demonstrated clear, informative, persuasive, and collaborative verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful, continuous learner who enjoys solving problems and challenges.
- Self-motivated and committed to safety and quality.
- Work well independently and within diverse groups.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Capable of physical labor
- Capable of wearing PPE; including, but not limited to: hearing, eye, and hand protection
- Must be able to stand for 10+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to reach above your head on occasion
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on occasion
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) to learn more or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.