As one of the nation’s fastest growing kombucha companies, Humm Kombucha is on a quest to put the goodness of Humm in the hands of as many people as possible.
We are hiring a Fermentation Lead who leads the shift in creating our kombucha, completing paperwork, and training and mentoring staff. This Fermentation Lead role will be the go-to person for trouble shooting on shift as well as being the primary communication conduit with the Fermentation team manager for your shift. Responsible for every aspect of the product from start to finish, implementing strict, predetermined procedures and protocol.
The schedule for this role would be Thursday-Sunday 8:00a-6:30p.
JOB TITLE: Fermentation Lead
In addition to creating our kombucha by brewing tea, fermenting, and finishing the product with flavor and carbonation in the most effective and efficient way, this position will be responsible for the training and mentoring of staff. You will be instrumental in writing and implementing department SOP’s and department schedules. This role will be the go-to person for trouble shooting on shift as well as being the primary communication conduit with the Fermentation team manager for your shift. Responsible for every aspect of the product from start to finish, implementing strict, predetermined procedures and protocol.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make finished (flavored) kombucha according to predetermined recipes
- Works in compliance with Food Safety Management System and GMP's
- Adhere to SQF standards
- Review SOP & SSOP’ and perform brewing operations according to current SOP’s & SSOP’s
- Complete process checklist & EOD reports
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all equipment and work areas
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects in brewing
- Complete daily interdepartmental check ins on a variety of communication platforms
- Maintain accurate, thorough and up to date tracking records of all brewing processes: OBEER, logs, inventory counts, batch tickets
- Ability to perform daily quality assurance and quality control checks on fermenting, raw and finished kombucha
- Works closely with Fermentation Supervisor in overseeing staffing and departmental needs.
- Trains new Fermentation Technicians and acts as a resource for all staff in the department.
- Mandatory attendance at departmental and company wide meetings
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and react well under pressure.
- PTO/Clocking in/out
- Perform working compliance with following safety policies within the Humm Kombucha safety manual
- Perform all physical requirements as listed below
- All other duties as assigned
- Champion the company culture and values
- Embrace, practice and support Humm policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain constructive working relationships with employees and other department heads
- Being part of the Win