Mayhem Solutions Group Inc provides individualized security and intelligence services to high profile individuals, organizations and government entities across the United States. We are veteran owned and operated and are committed to upholding our core values of professionalism, reliability and accountability.
We are seeking a highly competent Security Specialist to join our growing team to monitor premises, and protect staff, visitors, tenants, and inventory for our clients. You will be working under the supervision of a project manager for the duration of your assigned shift. Our ideal candidate will have prior experience in a military or law enforcement background, as well as training in self-defence and first aid. We are looking for a highly motivated individual, with a sharp eye and quick reaction time in the detection of any suspicious or criminal behavior, and prevention of theft or vandalism.
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the job description below and will excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check and any other tests that may be required in accordance with state law.
Job Title: Security Specialist Department: Operations
Reports to: Project Manager Effective Date: 03.29.2023
Location: On assigned project sites Shift: Morning, Evening, Night, Weekend
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Part-Time, Temporary
The Security Specialist is responsible for ensuring an optimal level of security through sound observation. The Security Specialist maintains the environment by monitoring and setting site, building, and equipment controls; securing premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry and contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. The Security Specialist is an individual licensed to carry weapons such as firearms, while performing their duties.
- Ensure a safe environment through a team effort of diligent active patrol, strict access control, monitoring, and equipment control
- Patrol property on foot, securing assets, buildings, gates, entrances and exits, and fence perimeter in all weather conditions
- Investigate and take the appropriate lawful action as authorized by the corporate policy on accidents, incidents, trespassing, suspicious activities, safety and fire incidents
- Support executive protection, workplace violence response, hostile termination, corporate espionage/insider threats, fire and similar emergencies, high-profile security, crisis management support, and other similar-type security projects
- Prepare and submit reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and other surveillance activities
- Collaborate with other security officers for effective protection and coverage
- Act as a Liaison with local/federal law enforcement, government officials
- Prevent unauthorized access to the area and the items within
- Respond to reported incidents as necessary
- Monitor a closed-circuit television for potential issues
- Maintain the company’s reputation with professionalism and legal compliance
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to critically think and quickly make decisions regarding escalation, de-escalation, threats, use of force or physical restraint
- Physically fit and able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently, particularly when under duress
- Knowledge of security procedures and protocols
- Ability to operate surveillance equipment and access control systems
- Proficiency in the use of firearms and self-defense techniques
- Ability to travel, often at notice as short as 24 hours.
- Attention to detail
- Neat and orderly appearance
Education, Licenses and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in law enforcement, military, or private security preferred
- Minimum of 8 years in a high-threat armed security role preferred
- Current and valid state-issued armed security license
- First Aid/CPR
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Indoors, outdoors, extreme weather conditions, including heat, cold, outdoor, sun exposure
- May include confined spaces and/or heights
- Including but not limited to residences, commercial space, public property, construction sites, government property, OSHA regulated property
- Standing, lifting or moving 150 pounds from the ground, walking, running, jumping, climbing, kneeling, lying down, bending, stooping, twisting, standing up from the ground quickly
- Full use of senses to assist in observation and awareness including hearing, touch, ability to use fingers and hands for firearm control and discipline
- Shift work including long hours and ability to work morning, evening, and night shifts
- Capacity to work on your feet for extended periods
The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Mayhem Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce committed to leveraging diverse backgrounds, perspective and experiences that create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to protected category.