We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, and knowledgeable Early Care and Education Teacher to join our team! In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide a warm and nurturing learning environment for children of all abilities in our inclusive program. The Early Care and Education Teacher will help them build the foundational skills necessary for future success. You will be responsible for developing individualized learning plans for each student, ensuring that all students are included and respected, and advocating for social justice and inclusivity in the classroom. If you are dedicated to promoting an equitable and diverse learning environment, this is the role for you!
Salary and Benefit Information:
**Up to $12,5000 Sign on Bonus**
SALARY RANGE: $13.00-15.00/hour.
Benefits include: 401K, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, PTO
Early Education professionals in Iowa can be eligible for T.E.A.C.H., a scholarship program that supports continued education and allows participants an opportunity to earn a raise or bonus after completing a year of education! Details and availability vary based on provider and funding. No scholarship is guaranteed.*
Iowa Early Education Professionals are also eligible for WAGE$, a program providing annual bonuses up to $9,200 !!
Schedule is Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week between the hours of 7:00am-5:45pm. Specific hours can be discussed at hire.
TLDR; We believe in learning through play, creating moments of joy, and the beauty of childhood. We welcome everyone, providing care that meets individual needs. We are a growing and talented team. You too? Apply today,
What will you do?
The early childhood education teacher is responsible for developing a nurturing, loving, safe, and educational space for children of all abilities. In addition to responsibility for direct care of the children at Hand in Hand, the teacher supports the lead teacher to develop weekly lesson plans utilizing Teaching Strategies Creative Curriculum®, adapts activities to meet the individual needs and interests of children, and oversees classroom management. This individual ensures regular family communication and program quality to develop the full child – cognitively, emotionally, socially, and physically.
**Sign on bonus is a combination of funds from DHHS, Hand in Hand, and WAGE$. Details provided at hire.
- At least 18 years of age
- Has obtained a high school diploma or passed a general education development test
- Certified in infant, child, and adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, and Iowa’s mandatory reporting of abuse (Hand in Hand will coordinate courses for certification if not yet obtained)
- Experience working with children of all abilities.
- Meet all expectations required by the state licensing for an early childhood educator.
- Knowledge of the State of Iowa Childcare licensing rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate clearly to children, adults, and coworkers.
- Enthusiasm and desire to positively impact the lives of young children.
- Experience using behavior modification techniques.
- Compassion and enthusiasm for creating and leading inclusive programs.
- Experience and competency with Microsoft Office software and other basic computer applications.