This position is responsible for setting up of tables, chairs, audio/visual equipment, and other amenities in the event spaces at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center in West Valley City. This is a part time position that requires a flexible work schedule as start and stop times may vary from week to week depending on what events have been scheduled including nights, weekends, and holidays. The ideal candidate will have great physical endurance to cover a large space, and a keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative. This position reports directly to the Operations Supervisor, and indirectly to the Sales and Event Coordinators.
Schedule: Part-Time, less than 30 hours per week
Starting Pay: $14.25 per hour
Job Posting Close Date: Open until filled
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers, clients, staff, and guests, and provide a positive client experience to all patrons of the facility.
- Ensure that all meeting and event rooms are set in accordance with the guests’ requests, as noted the set-up diagram, or Banquet Event Order.
- Set up all event amenities including tables, chairs risers, dance floor, audio/visual equipment, etc.
- Ensure that all decorations and amenities have been set properly according to the client’s needs communicated by the Sales and Event Coordinators.
- Proper care, movement, and storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs, risers, dance floor, audio/visual equipment, etc.
- Follow all safety protocols when conducting all set up and breakdown of rooms.
- Assist the Division Management, General Manager, Operations Supervisor, or professional staff as needed when responding to all emergencies at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center.
- Attend required staff meetings, staff development, and training.
- Maintain proper attire at all times during shift.
- Report maintenance and repair needs to the Operations Supervisor or supervisor on duty.
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows, and setting alarms.
- Assist in performing snow removal in the winter months.
- Undertake occasional tasks including, but not limited to lifting heavy items, bending and twisting while moving chairs and tables, assembling equipment, hanging or moving artwork, and moving gallery amenities (pedestals, easels, etc.), etc.
- Assist the custodial staff as required by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic knowledge of equipment needed to do the prescribed duties.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexible hours - on call, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Reliable transportation is required.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Previous banquet or fine-dining experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Utah driver's license.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to follow both written and oral instruction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently lifting and carrying 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and operate power equipment.
- Must be able and willing to operate a scissor lift, boom lift, side by side vehicle, and city vehicle.