Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 450+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Software Technical Program Manager will be responsible for managing software focused platform products as well as product development. The Program Manager will oversee portions of the Digital product roadmap.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Works alongside application developers, architects, scrum masters, user experience architects, user acceptance testers and quality assurance testers to deliver mobile app experiences that exceed user expectations
- Represents the Software product team in day-to-day agile scrum team meetings including:
- Daily Stand-Ups
- Sprint Reviews
- Sprint Planning sessions
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Backlog refinement & grooming sessions
- Product demonstrations
- Manages analytics and performance reporting
- Owns the Product Roadmap
- Liaisons with key members of the marketing organization on communication programs that raise awareness and drive usage of the mobile self-service channel
- Identifies emerging trends and stays abreast of the pet industry and connected home products
What You’ll Bring:
- BS in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of product management of relevant experience, ideally 1-2 years in a mobile environment
- 1+ years of experience in IoT and/or embedded software and/or other smart home solutions
- Familiarity with and affinity for agile development, collaboration and test-and-learn environments
- Ability to effectively understand data, analyze results, draw insights and conclusions, and recommend appropriate actions in an atmosphere of fact-based decision-making
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills, including the ability to effectively translate and communicate technical information in a meaningful way to non-technical audiences
- Ability to own Programs end-to-end while accounting for cross-functional needs
- Strong understanding of planning and prioritization, as well as when to adjust plans when needed
- Motivated to develop processes, procedure, and automation in support of a growing Project Management Organization
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach to achieving business results
- Passionate about delivering mobile solutions that exceed expectations
- Strong data skills with expertise across multiple disciplines including Data Analytics (Excel, DOMO, SQL, VBA)
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
Not Required but Nice to Have!
- Jira experience
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience in social networks and mobile applications
- Not required to have pets but highly recommended!
Benefits & Perks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.