Chief People Officer
Managers of functional departments, Benefits and Payroll Department, Finance, and HR team.
Mission & Vision
We transform how vehicle sellers engage, educate, and interact with shoppers across the entire customer journey, by harnessing the power of digital technology and data. We deliver the world’s most engaging customer experiences for vehicle sellers of every type and size.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a solid understanding of business functions, strong communication and interpersonal skills, be a strategic thinker, and have exceptional organizational skills. The HR business partner will help to improve current HR initiatives, and have a track record of implementing people initiatives at a high level, enhance staff morale, enhance relations between staff and managers, contribute to attaining business goals, promote the demonstration of HR practices, and attract talented recruits.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Conducts monthly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the CPO to help develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Assists with employee relations issues and conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to managers
- (e.g., coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions).
- Works collaboratively with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Identifies training needs throughout enterprise in collaboration with CPO and functional managers.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist in developing the People Playbook for Impel
- Develops assigned HR strategies, policies, and practices
- Improving and monitoring employee productivity and engagement
- Assists with the structuring of compensation and benefit packages.
- Manages staff wellness initiatives.
- Improves relations between staff and employers.
- Assists with recruitment efforts.
- Degree in human resources management.
- 3-4 years of HR experience.
- Possesses strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and provide human capital recommendations.
- Proven track record of problem-solving skills.
- Proactive nature.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Highly organized.
- Strong people skills.