Under general supervision of the Director of Safety & Security, design and implement a building safety program, compliant with federal, state, and local safety codes, for all Gas South District departments and personnel, as well as all sub-contractors and service partners of Gas South District and regularly work on property. Maintain life safety systems throughout property. Provide consultation and raise safety questions and concerns including building evacuation and fire emergencies and develop plans for responses to these emergencies. Conduct property wide safety inspections including fire, occupational and environmental health, food safety, and chemical use. Provide regular and pre-event inspections of event spaces and all areas inside and outside facilities where event attendees will be present, including roadways, parking lots and decks, sidewalks, crosswalks, plazas, concourses, galleries, seating areas, meeting rooms, and exhibit halls with a focused eye toward risk mitigation and loss prevention.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, direct, and implement organizational safety programs to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. Safety plans and procedures should be in compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory guidelines from Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and be consistent with our organizational procedures that align with our Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Facility Certification. Create and facilitate Safety Training Programs for Gas South District employees and contracted partners working regularly on campus.
- Work in conjunction with the GBAC Committee to ensure Certification is maintained and that policies and procedures outlined in campus GBAC Manual are strictly adhered to.
- Perform and document regular and routine safety audits of Gas South District facilities, including public spaces prior to events, to detect existing or potential accident and/or health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Maintain life safety system at Gas South District as well as all fire extinguisher inspections.
- Coordinate required inspections of all fire and life safety systems including fire monitoring systems, fire panels, fire suppressions/ sprinkler systems, smoke detection and evac systems, concession and kitchen hoods, and campus fire hydrants and ensure proper measures are taken to remedy any deficiencies found during these regular inspections.
- Create and maintain up-to-date safety and emergency response policies, procedures, management plans and reports.
- Document and objectively report accidents/incidents and follow-up if building repairs are necessary, working in cooperation with Security Department on report writing and distribution.
- Coordinate appropriate training as required by law or company policy and maintain records of training including, but not limited to emergency procedures, use of fire extinguishers, first aid training, AED training, CPR training, Active Shooter/ Attacker, and bomb threat procedures.
- Maintain all safety records as well as Safety Data Sheets and ensuring proper signage and labeling of chemicals and any hazardous materials used and stored on property.
- Assist internal departments in creating and implementing accident or injury prevention procedures with a constant vigilance toward loss prevention and liability risk mitigation.
- Prepare and maintain a business continuity plan, disaster recovery plan, and be ready to implement the plans.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of property emergency preparedness including training, table-top exercises, and active practice drills and real-time practice scenarios.
- Develop, implement, and facilitate integration of the incident command system (24/7) used by Guest Services for everyday use in Security Department.
- Manage, coordinate, and organize regularly scheduled meetings of the Safety Committee and the monthly employee of the month meeting safety topic review.
- Conduct health audits and inspections in cooperation with County Health Department and Food and Beverage partner, Proof of the Pudding.
- Conduct monthly Occupational Safety audits and inspections, record results and discuss areas which need improvement with individual departments. Follow up to make sure corrections have been put in place.
- Coordinate and maintain records of all required training and operating licenses for Gas South District equipment (i.e., forklifts, genie lift, scissor lift, automobile licensing needs to use company vehicles, etc.) for all Gas South District staff as well as partners and sub-contracted employees.
- Perform monthly physical inspection of all company owned vehicles to ensure they are in proper working order and coordinate any needed preventative maintenance or necessary repairs to get vehicles back to good working order.
- Work with the Director of Safety & Security on yearly Safety Department operating and capital expense budgets.
- Coordinate with Security Department and Guest Services recommending appropriate event staffing levels of life safety personnel (Fire Marshal, Medical Technicians, and Police).
- Attend weekly staff meetings and event operations meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
- Rotate with other facility personnel to function as Security Manager on Duty (S-MOD), who maintains responsibility and authority over all security and safety personnel in assigned buildings. Responsibilities include but are not limited to management and direction of all security and life safety staff for events, incident report writing and distribution during events, and management of lost and found items. Work in partnership with Facility MOD to ensure a safe and efficient event environment is provided for all guests, patrons, clients, and staff.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles and techniques of planning, implementing and supervising emergency situations. Possess knowledge of safety and security issues related to a major sports and entertainment venue.
- Handle conflicts, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Remain certified in CPR and other emergency/life-saving techniques.
- Meet the physical demands of the job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility) and working from various heights. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing.
- Be able to withstand moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, Gator, pallet jacks, forklifts, genie lifts, carts, fire extinguishers or other light power-driven equipment.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate portable radio and standard office equipment.
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with managers, supervisors, and senior management in order to motivate personnel to follow all policies and engage in safety programs.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees, clients, guests, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to legally operate a motor vehicle in the state of Georgia.
- Possess any appropriate licenses as required by State.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least five years related experience in safety management and compliance and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have knowledge of OSHA and NFPA rules and regulations governing safety requirements.