Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description – other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Manage internal estimating department staff to meet estimating deadlines.
- Maintain estimating calendar and schedule to meet estimate deadlines.
- Manage, coach & communicate with department staff members while effectively coordinating with Engineering, Sales and Manufacturing Services.
- Write mid-year and annual performance reviews and effectively communicate them with department employees.
- Communicate & coordinate with Sales and other departments as needed to assure timely estimate completion.
- Occasional travel as needed.
- Other tasks/functions/projects as assigned.
- B.S. in Industrial Management, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or related industrial discipline
- Specialization with conveyor systems, automation, specialty tools, heat & mass transfer processes required.
- Engineering & Skilled trades background required.
- Extensive fabrication, manufacturing process & estimating management experience specifically in the automotive & fiberglass insulation manufacturing industry preferred.
- Strong skills in AutoCAD & Microsoft Suite & Advanced Excel skills & experience required.
- 5-10 years industrial manufacturing estimating experience required.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems is a plus.
- Works cooperatively and is able to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Places a high emphasis on excellent customer service.
- Highly detail-oriented. Works well with demanding schedules & tight timelines.
- Communicates clearly and comfortably with all levels of employees.
- Acts positively upon constructive criticism and coaching.
- Conducts self professionally & ethically.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Fosters and supports a teamwork environment.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability