Celona is seeking a Sr Sales Engineer who will drive pre-sales technical interactions with Celona customers and prospects as well as partners and service providers. The role will include but not be limited to product presentations, customer consultation/training, proof of concept/value field testing and even deployments of Celona private 5G LAN solutions. This individual must be located in Germany.
Customers are typically larger enterprise or mid-market organizations with increasing need to support production level mission-critical applications across wireless infrastructure. Currently the sweet spot is in “non-carpeted” environments including (but not limited to) warehousing, logistics, manufacturing, and industrial.
- Create and deliver technical product presentations and/or training sessions to technical and product groups of customers, service providers and channel partners.
- Participate in the consultation to prospective customers and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process.
- Collaborate with customer/partner network engineers, architects, operation support staff to map customer requirements to Celona’s products.
- Work with different stakeholders in Celona to drive pre- and post-sales alignment and engagement with partners.
- Drive pre-sales tests, demos, proof of concept and trial networks with Celona products as it applies to service providers and end-customers.
- Build long term relationships and be seen and treated by Celona customers, service providers and channel partners as a trusted and valued resource.
- Collaborate with the channel sales and field marketing to plan, deliver, and manage effective demand generation campaigns.
- Work closely with the corporate technical, product and development teams in defining and specifying product and market requirements.
- Travel within the territory to visit customers, service providers, channel partners and attend trade shows. From time-to-time, travel to Celona sales and training events in the United States.
- Assist in the development of technical marketing collateral including white papers, data sheets, presentation material, etc.
- Generate, define and document product requirements from customers and channel partners and communicate to key stakeholders, internally and externally.
Ideal Skillsets and Experience:
- A strong background with enterprise wireless networking including 4G/5G cellular technologies or B2B enterprise cloud managed networking solutions is required.
- Experience designing, building enterprise Wi-Fi networks or carrier grade 4G/5G networks
- Hands on experience deploying, optimizing and monitoring live enterprise Wi-Fi or cellular networks.
- 4+ years in wireless product technical sales experience.
- Experience being part of a team that delivered the first version of a product to customers, ideally in a start-up environment.
- Knowledge in L2 and L3 networking technologies including Switching, VLANs, 802.11, Routing Mobile/Cellular Network Architecture (4G & 5G).
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal (English and German).
- Strong organization skills, ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Passion for quality with a solid work ethic and team player attitude.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Temperament to thrive in a highly dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Willingness to travel to customer and partner locations.
- A willingness to work outside of your comfort zone with a “let’s get it done” attitude.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering university degree.
Founded in 2019, privately held Celona is a pioneer and leader in the emerging market of enterprise private 5G networks. 5G is positioned to be a transformative technology in many areas and private 5G is opening up previously impossible use cases for the enterprise. For the first time enterprises are able to deploy mission-critical applications across reliable and interference free wireless infrastructure facilitating a step-change productivity capability. In a recent survey by NTT, 51% of CIOs said they planned to deploy a Private 5G Network within a 2-year timeframe.
Celona is based in Campbell, California and has developed the first and still the only dedicated end-to-end private 5G solution for the enterprise. Celona private 5G LAN is designed to deploy as easily as Wi-Fi whilst integrating with the existing IP infrastructure with customer data always secured within the enterprise’s existing security boundaries.
Celona is backed by tier-1 VCs including Lightspeed, Norwest, NTT, Cervin and Qualcomm.