The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing and analyzing financial reports and tax returns for individuals and companies. Review the company’s financial reports to ensure there are no discrepancies.
- Develop an understanding of the business and the accounts role
- Develop technical skills both on the job and through formal learning channels
- Build relationships with managers, co-workers, and clients
- Actively pursue self-development opportunities
- Maintain and audit company financial records
- Oversee and analyze budget and financial management
- Perform duties related to bookkeeping, preparation of audits, taxes, and financial planning
- Recommend fiscally advantageous methods for tax planning/savings
- Prepare business/personal tax returns and analyze financial information to ensure taxes are paid on time
- Analyze account for errors, misinformation, and overspending
- Report financial information to management
- Act as a consultant in areas such as compensation, benefits, and asset protection
- 0 - 3 years of current public accounting experience
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA Certification; or eligible to sit for the CPA exam
- Proficiency with computerized accounting software and MS Office
- Strong client rapport and project management skills
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate complex accounting information to all levels of clients
- CPA or CPA in progress
- Regular same day travel for work at client’s facilities, meetings, and seminars is required using personal vehicle.
- On a rare occasion, out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings or seminars is required using personal vehicle.
- This position requires employees to have their own means of transportation.
- This is an onsite position that provides employees the opportunity to work flexible schedules and work remotely as necessary.