Recruitment Period: 08/29/19 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine enrolling a total of 560 medical students with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support, managing data bases and tracking, recruitment support (reference checks, scheduling interviews, and onboarding) and credentialing. This highly organized and customer-service oriented position is responsible for assisting with day-to day operations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Continuously provides customer service from internal and external customers and provides general guidance on Human Resources related policies and guidelines based on state and federal law
• Assists in updating the Human Resources department procedures and guidelines
• Assists in administrative tasks such as responding to employee inquiries regarding benefits, updating job descriptions, tracking of education training courses, checking employment references, and maintaining employee files
• Continuously maintains all electronic employee records up-to-date
• Continuously provides technical support in all areas of Human Resources
• Assists periodically in auditing the database to ensure accuracy
• Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
• Conducts self appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
• Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
• Prefer two (2) years of related experience or Human Resources experience in higher education
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; and schedule activities and/or meetings.
To ensure full consideration apply by the closing date.
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
For information about life in Yakima visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.