Streetsense seeks a Senior Research Analyst to support the Place Consulting Team. Comprehensive data-driven planning and strategy is a philosophy that Streetsense lives by, and we are looking for a new team member to help support our place-based research. Our Place Consulting team gathers information, both qualitative and quantative to develop strategies that our clients can use to make decisions. At its core, this involves both data collection, analysis, and data visualization. Our work involves story telling through data - stories we use to achieve consensus for action among key decision makers, teams, stakeholders, and partners.
The Senior Research Analysis will support a diverse set of private, public, and non-profit sector clients and their real estate, place strategy, and economic development planning efforts. Our newest hire must embrace collaboration, have strong writing, research, and communication skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate will be an intellectually curious, self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a diverse team and in a variety of communities. They will have a demonstrated zeal for this work as evidenced by previous job experience, research, coursework, etc.
- Lead in the production of comprehensive qualitative and quantitative research and surveys to gather and analyze facts and data that impact diverse places.
- Assess retail, residential, office, and hospitality market conditions to identify opportunities in the market and provide strategic recommendations to public and private sector clients.
- Analyze demographics, market trends, and economic conditions across a variety of markets.
- Perform comprehensive analysis in the form of technical reports, presentations, data visualizations, and maps, turning that analysis into compelling graphic materials to address current problems and provide guidance to clients.
- Analyze data and provide strategic recommendations through reports and the visualization of data through compelling charts, maps, and other multi-media information products using such information technology as ArcGIS, Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and other graphic database, presentation, etc.
- Organize and conduct consultation meetings, site visits, and design charrettes with a variety of client types.
- Contribute original research to our content marketing efforts, including social media and blog posts.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with strong preference for demonstrated coursework in any of the following fields, urban planning, economics, public policy, real estate or other closely related field.
- 4-6 years of experience in real estate, urban planning, economic development, or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and professional written communication skills, as well as strong skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience working with the following software tools: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), presentation, etc.
- Previous experience communicating data through creative storytelling and visualization, which might include illustrative charts, pivot tables and maps.
- Intellectually curious, self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team.
- Display leadership qualities and the ability to take independent initiative and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.