Foothills Regional Housing "FRH" is a prominent real estate developer, manager, and program administrator for affordable housing. An FRH Community Manager oversees the day-to-day compliance and operations of an assigned asset(s) with multi-layers of funding that can include HOME, Tax Credit, 50058, 50059, NSP, and PBV units by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions (Other duties may be assigned)
- Summary: Assists in the management of multi-family residential real estate properties by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates;
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following as needed for the funding layer of the Community in which you are working
- The following will be performed with strict adherence to FRH policies and procedures;
- Process and prepare all applicant and resident files in compliance with all Project-Based Section 8 and LIHTC rules and regulations;
- Prepare all leases, addendums, and other legal paperwork for new move-ins. Manage and maintain tenant files throughout the tenure of the lease(s);
- Perform annual renewal inspections in accordance with HUD and LIHTC regulations;
- Purchase supplies and equipment for use on leased properties.
- Oversee the completion of security dispositions in a timely fashion;
- Contact utility companies to arrange for the transfer of service for tenants;
- Generates and posts demands and other legal notices required in property management;
- Assist with the eviction of residents in compliance with court orders and directions from Lawyer and owner;
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times per FRH standards;
- Maintain awareness of and adherence to all requirements of the Fair Housing Act and all applicable HUD and LIHTC regulations;
- Answer phones and take appropriate action or directs calls to the property manager;
- Perform administrative functions at the Community;
- Record all rent receipts in the HAB software system;
- Process vendor invoices and purchase orders;
- Provides resident problem resolution; if a solution cannot be achieved, directs the issue to the Community Manager for resolution;
- Will be responsible for identifying competing communities and document the rates for each apartment type, size, and amenities; it may also assist with the task of preparing market surveys;
- Assists in the planning and implementation of resident events and office themes; and
- Interact with residents courteously and professionally.
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Keeps information organized and accessible, maintains clean/functional workspace, works systematically/efficiently, manages time well.
Is attentive to detail and accuracy is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds the root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
Knows and explains product features/benefits, understands/sells the full product line, understands customer's business operations and needs, understands/responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.
Develops new business, identifies and sells to customer needs, translates product features to benefits, has good listening skills, is sensitive to customers, delivers effective presentations, negotiates well, uses closing skills appropriately, develops sales skills
Shares information. Listens and involves others. Conveys ideas in a manner that engages others and helps them understand and retain the message.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Assisted Housing Manager Certification or equivalent, one year certificate from college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.