About Pennsylvania Voice
Established in 2010, Pennsylvania Voice is the 501c(3) table for more than 50 state and local-based organizations, working year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy by amplifying the voices, leadership, and expertise of communities that have historically experienced deliberate barriers to civic participation. Our partnership is grounded in the belief that a fair and just society will be achieved through collective power; that democracy requires full participation and equitable representation; and that the pathway to power in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania must include Black, Indigenous, Latinx, and AAPI communities.
Together, we win shared policy and civic engagement victories to build long-term power.
A team of experienced organizers/strategists staff Pennsylvania Voice. We coordinate, support, convene, and co-create with a diverse community of statewide and local leaders, each representing distinct organizations, around three program areas:
- Civic Engagement: Year-round integrated voter engagement campaigns that increase voting, voter registration, and participation in civic life among all Pennsylvanians and specifically Black, Indigenous, and communities of color
- Voting Rights and Access: Modernizing elections to make voting more convenient and fully accessible to all
- Reflective Democracy: Investment in community leadership and governance that is accountable to community interests and needs
An explicit commitment to racial equity frames our partnership, our programs, and our culture.
Pennsylvania Voice is seeking a qualified candidate to be an integral member of the Advancement team to ensure the organization’s financial health is strong and growing. The Development Associate will provide a wide range of support to Pennsylvania Voice’s growing Advancement Department, which includes an Advancement Director and Senior Communications Manager.This position will report directly to the Advancement Director. The Advancement Team is responsible for raising the funds necessary for the partnership to achieve its collective program goals ($3-5M annually) and for advancing the long-term strategic goals of Pennsylvania Voice in collaboration with funders, individual donors, partners, allies, and leaders in the civic engagement space both regionally and nationally.
The ideal candidate will possess an aptitude for anticipating needs, a willingness to work with a small team to collaboratively set priorities, and the ability to proactively identify gaps in process or knowledge. This role is a good fit for a flexible problem solver who finds fulfillment in navigating complex systems alongside a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders.
Development Associate Principal Responsibilities:
The Development Associate is responsible for the following specific responsibilities:
Advancement Administration (35%):
- Input new gift/grant information and reporting deadlines into EveryAction database and tracking documents.
- Generate and mail acknowledgements.
- Oversee the filing of donor related material.
- Manage inquiries for payment information and grant award execution.
- Coordinate meetings with staff and external stakeholders.
- Provide support for the annual audit.
- Support updates to Pennsylvania Voice’s web presence, draft donor-facing content, and assist in the creation of monthly email updates to stakeholders.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of in-person and virtual partnership meetings, funder briefings, site visits, leadership convenings, and other events.
- Ordering supplies and print materials, making/receiving deliveries, liaising with venue contacts, maintaining guest lists, and collecting guest information.
- Support communications around events (invites, reminders, follow ups)
- Help craft the goals, strategies, and content for events.
- Day-of support including but not limited to: set up of the physical space, guest registration, virtual meeting technical management, and small group facilitation.
Institutional Giving (30%)
- Contribute to grants management in collaboration with the Advancement Director, including drafting and submitting letters of inquiry, proposals, budgets, and reports.
- Support needs around funder communication.
- Assist with the collection of program outcomes from program staff and integrate new program information into funder-facing content.
Professional Development (10%):
- Seek out and participate in opportunities (workshops, courses, learning cohorts, etc) to develop fundraising, writing, grants management, nonprofit finance, and other related knowledge areas.
- Maintain an active learning relationship with the topics of democracy, representation, power, race, and government.
We seek candidates who excel in fundraising and nonprofit administration, value building strong relationships, are results-oriented and excellent problem solvers, have strong project management skills, and are highly driven learners.
Specifically, you will bring:
- Passionate about working for a progressive organization and committed to the goals of PA Voice including civic engagement and economic, social, and racial justice.
- Knowledge and understanding of challenges to justice, and experience in managing challenges in race, gender, LGBTQ identity, age, class, and religion—in both internal and external settings.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort interacting with stakeholders of all levels and roles including partners, funders, and staff.
- Previous experience in development, fundraising, and major gifts and/or foundations.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, implement, and manage systems.
- Experience managing multiple projects and meeting multiple deadlines while also being able to communicate when things need to change.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines.
- Experience with donor management or CRM software such as Every Action or Blackbaud preferred
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new technical skills.
- Grants management or other forms of administrative experience a plus.
- Experience with digital fundraising using social media and email programs is a big plus.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
Compensation: Depends on experience and is highly competitive. Salary range is $50,000 -$60,000 based on experience with excellent benefits including full medical and dental coverage, retirement (401K) package, and paid holiday and vacation days.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit our website at https://www.pennsylvaniavoice.org/jobs to apply. You must submit a resume and cover letter. If these requirements are not met, your application will be denied. Please no phone calls.
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, at which time the job announcement will be removed from our website, www.pavoice.org/jobs
Pennsylvania Voice is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value a diverse workforce and have an inclusive culture. Pennsylvania Voice encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, people with records of arrest or conviction, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals to apply. Pennsylvania Voice hiring process will comply with Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Standards (“Ban the Box”) ordinance.