Do you want to grow your career in An American Classical Education, helping students to live responsible, courageous, and virtuous lives? Ascent Classical Academies is currently hiring a Speech Language Pathologist for its Douglas County campus in Lone Tree, Colorado, for the 2023-2024 school year.
Ascent Classical Academies are dedicated to the intellectual and moral betterment of students and encourage providers to take their own moral and intellectual improvement seriously as part of a supportive and excellence-driven culture. At Ascent Classical Academy charter schools, well-educated and articulate faculty utilize direct instruction to convey real knowledge to students using traditional teaching methods. Teachers enjoy a wide array of resources as they create their own lessons within the content-rich curriculum to engage students in a positive and virtue-imbued learning experience in the liberal arts. Student services specialists support general education teachers to convey instruction in explicit phonics, Singapore math, Core Knowledge history and science, and English grammar with support from peers within the school and other Ascent Classical Academy network schools.
The Speech Language Pathologist serves students in all grades requiring special education services or who require universal, targeted, and or intensive intervention. The Speech Language Pathologist serves students entitled to special education services across all levels (K-12) who require universal, targeted, and intensive speech language intervention. Additionally, the SLP is responsible for assessing and providing research-based intervention to students with a suspected speech language impairment. The SLP will demonstrate knowledge of special education student needs within general education and special education settings, ensure the proper services and support for students who need supplemental programming, and ensure the school is in compliance with state and federal laws. The SLP is supervised by and takes direction from the Dean of Student Services with ultimate accountability to the headmaster.
About Ascent Classical Academies
Ascent Classical Academies partners with a network of classical charter schools based in Colorado delivering a content-rich curriculum in the liberal arts and sciences, with underlying principles in the Western tradition of the study of history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts. Our American Classical Education includes, among other things, the study of Latin; a rich examination of American literary, moral, philosophical, political, and historical tradition; and a school culture centered upon moral virtue, respect, discipline, and studiousness among students and faculty alike. Ascent Classical Academy charter schools currently serve approximately 1,700 students in K-12 campuses located in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of Colorado, with significant expansion planned throughout Colorado and beyond.
Desired Start Date: For the 23-24 school year, reporting on August 1, 2023. Training and orientation may possibly be available immediately.
Compensation Range and Particulars: highly dependent on schedule, experience and qualifications, $60,000 to $75,000
Schedule and Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
- Competitive compensation package including performance pay and stipends available
- Employee-only coverage for group medical, dental, and vision plan; dependent coverage available
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance plans
- Retirement investment account with employer match
- Paid time off for a wide array of health reasons for employees and dependents, consistent with the Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Free employee benefit and healthcare guidance
- Paid leave for qualifying events under the Family Medical Leave Act
- Robust teacher training including several weeks of on-site training
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant and appropriate field necessary for licensure and endorsement
- Current Colorado special services licensure with appropriate endorsement for SLP (see Colo. Dept of Education requirements)
- 3 or more years' relevant experience including familiarity with relevant laws and regulations
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education
- Conviction in the values of a rigorous liberal arts education
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school and board policies