Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 450+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Data Engineer will be the product owner and subject matter expert related to Whisker’s Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platform. Through integration with many sources, you will turn data into information, driving critical business decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Partners with multiple stakeholders to deliver end-to-end analytics solutions, answering business questions with data solutions
- Develops both short and long-term solutions to ensure our key stakeholders have the data they need to make critical business decisions
- Architects and maintains an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) using best-in-class tools and technology
- Designs and implements efficient fault tolerant data pipelines in order to integrate data from a variety of sources into a EDW
- Implements robust transformation pipelines to reshape relevant data from raw data stores to be used in reporting
- Works with end users to determine reporting needs and construct useful visualizations inside business intelligence tool
- Assesses and understands underlying architecture of our eCommerce, Fulfillment, Call Center and Robot-operational databases and implement changes to support better reporting
- Designs and implements backfill or other warehouse data management processes
- Develops and executes testing strategies to ensure high quality warehouse data that reconciles with financial statements
- Provides documentation, training, and consulting for key analyst cross functionally to enable self-discovery
- Provides input and feedback to support continuous improvement in the evolution of the data warehouse
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You’ll Bring:
- BA / BS Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years in a Data Engineering or Data Warehousing role
- 4+ Years experience as an Analyst using data to interpret business trends and make recommendations to leaders
- 3+ years experience in an e-Commerce, direct-to-consumer company, including familiarity working with customer data (lifetime value, customer acquisition cost, churn rate)
- 3-5+ years experience with Business Intelligence Software (Domo, Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Sisense, etc.)
- Experience with big data technologies (Domo, Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Hive etc.)
- Experience with ETL fundamentals and building efficient data pipelines
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server, and MySQL
- Highly knowledgeable in data warehouse methodologies and models (Inmon / Kimball)
- Experience with cloud services: Google and/or AWS
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages (Python, PHP, Java, C++, Scala, etc)
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to provide a working atmosphere that is positive and productive
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
Not Required but nice to have!
- Experience implementing an enterprise data warehouse from the ground-up
- Specific work experience using Domo
Benefits & Perks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.