ANS is seeking a Systems Engineer in Linthicum Heights, MD. This person will provide critical system support to ensure the continuous delivery of the system via automation and orchestration of deployments, quality control, and system maintenance.
- Develop capabilities to shift from the current manual system security evaluation and authorization process to a new model that emphasizes automation, streamlined processes and approvals, continuous monitoring and assessment, and network data gathering across the entire life cycle of a project.
- Provides mission applications focused expertise for the IT user.
- Interacts effectively, courteously and directly with the user to resolve technical issues and respond to queries and requests for service that originate by telephone, web-based portals, email, or other methods.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of customer-specific operations, platforms, systems, architectures, functions and terminology.
- Independently reads, writes and implements standard operating procedures and technical documentation.
- Assist with transition of new technologies into the service desk operations.
- Assists with installation and configuration of new software applications.
- Produces/contributes to IT knowledge articles.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in a technical related discipline from an accredited college or university or equivalent is required. Four (4) years of additional Information Technology or Engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Linux administration experience.
- Ansible Automation experience.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with GIT source control.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- NGINX servers and proxies.
- MachineShop administration experience (desired).
- Experience with Jira and Confluence (desired).
Here at ANS, you will have access to a variety of technology experts in today’s innovative technologies with opportunities to enhance your skills in our on-site Technology Innovation Center. Members of our team design and develop the next generation of enterprise networks creating solutions that protect our National assets, critical systems and our way of life. We are looking for thinkers, people that want to be all they can be, dedicating themselves to the mission, while striving to create innovative solutions and real outcomes that will always exceed our customers and clients expectations. If you are tired of being just a number and want to work for a company that values you skill set, let's have a conversation!
ANS offers excellent compensation along with a generous benefits package to include:
- Family medical, dental and vision coverage
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- 401K plan with Company match
- Generous Professional Development allowance
- 100% Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability
- 100% Employer paid life insurance
- Lucrative Referral Bonus'
- Potential for Paid overtime
- Flexible Work Schedules
Applied Network Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.