NALS Apartment Homes is a thriving, national Real Estate Investment Firm engaged in the acquisition, ownership, and management of multifamily apartment communities. Headquartered in Santa Barbara California, NALS is centered on our core values. Those of respect, teamwork, excellence, service to others and engagement are the foundation of our vibrant company culture.
At NALS, we embrace opportunities for personal and professional growth, and encourage our employees to share their unique skills, local knowledge, and professional expertise. Our team is the single most important ingredient to our success, and we seek to foster a work environment as welcoming as our apartment communities.
What can NALS bring to the ideal candidate?
- Starting annual compensation: $55k a year
- Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Amazing opportunities for career progression
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- 10+ days of paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Health & Wellness programs
- Employee referral bonus
- Lunch provided twice a week
- Office snacks including unlimited coffee!
- Along with tons of other great benefits!!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the supervision of the Controller and Accounting Manager, performs a variety of accounting functions by standard procedures in general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, or related financial areas.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Print cash sheets
- Review bank reports verifying deposits & research discrepancies/collect processor report
- NSF’s – notify property of any NSF’s
- Process credit card refunds/voids
- Handle property accounting issues
- Review A/P batches to actual invoices then submit A/P batches to operations for approval
- Post A/P and prepare check batches for printing
- Mail out checks/post auto-draft utility JE’s
- SDR review and process
- Review utility spreadsheet for discrepancies
- Tax and Insurance Impounds
- CRS and Sales Tax payments
- Prepare bank deposits
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Create an email relating to accounting errors
- Emergency check processing
- Review petty cash statements
- Review property month-end pre-close
- Create/approve new vendor codes (once W-9 and insurance certificate (if req.) have been submitted) in Yardi Systems
- Enter year-end vendor totals for preparation of 1099’s
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects as assigned
This position requires an understanding of accounting principles and works well with numbers. Ability to work with others in stressful situations. Microsoft Office, Yardi and property management accounting experience is a plus!
HR Related / Physical Demands:
- Job is intermittently sedentary but requires mobility (i.e., climb stairs)
- Will use some repetitive motion of hand-wrist in computer use and writing
- Work in a typical office setting
- Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position
- Must handle stressful, urgent, novel and diverse work situations on a daily basis
- Attendance and punctuality are essential for success in this position
- Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, SDS, general safety training, and wearing appropriate PPE lifting up to 20 pounds. If more than 20 pounds are to be lifted, employee shall seek assistance from another employees
To learn more about us, follow us on facebook and Instagram!