Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the daily maintenance and upkeep of all athletic facilities
- Ensure that all assigned athletic facilities are properly set up in time for each event: a)
Marking fields/painting lines, b) Setting up game equipment/seating, c) Properly setting up locker rooms.
- Assist in the preparation and breakdown of athletic events in Calihan Hall and other
- Provide support and game-day coverage including but not limited to: (a) Pre-game set up (b) Event management, © Post-game breakdown.
- Provide support and coverage for other athletic/special events.
- Oversee management of student worker staff of 10-15.
- Liaison between the Athletic Dept. and Campus Public Safety, Housekeeping
subcontractor, and numerous vendors.
- Assist in Food & Beverage operations in setup, sales support, etc.
- Aid in the coordination of all athletic facility scheduling.
- Communicate with the coaches and staff for 19 varsity sports.
- Assist in the management of the Athletic Dept.’s vehicle fleet.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required, master's preferred. Minimum 1-2 years experience with college facilities preferred, Division I preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Job requires repetitively lifting lightweight objects where frequent bending or stooping alternates with lighter activities.
Occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions or light industrial settings.
Driver's license required.
Commensurate with experience
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private University, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University’s mission, diversity, and excellence of its academic community. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.