Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the publicity of the University’s intercollegiate sports for men and women, serving as specific media contact for select teams.
- Travel with select teams, or serve as press box host at home events as assigned and keep statistics and scorebooks.
- Edit media guides and write game notes for specific team sports.
- Write feature stories for UDM publications as well as hometown newspapers.
- Assist in maintenance of the Athletic Department web site, DetroitTitans.com.
- Coordinate team photo sessions as assigned.
- Perform other sports information duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to travel extensively.
- Must be able to drive 15 passenger vans.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules & regulations including Horizon League and University policies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Must have valid Driver’s License.
Commensurate with experience
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private University, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University’s mission, diversity, and excellence of its academic community. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.