Bierman is currently looking for a fully remote ABA Benefit and Authorization Specialist.
- Do you love helping families understand their benefits within the Behavioral Health Industry?
- Do you have a drive to seek authorization for benefits that help families who are impacted by autism?
- Are you passionate about helping patients and the providers who serve them?
- Are you able to breakdown authorization denials and pursue the medically necessary benefit in a helpful manner?
- Are you computer & tech savvy?
- Are you wanting to step into something meaningful?
- Do you want to join a team with a mission to serve others?
- Do you like to tackle challenges with a team?
- Do you enjoy building lasting relationship with a diverse group of people?
- Do you get energized when researching issues?
- Do you find meaning in the details?
- Do you catch errors that others miss?
If so, we would like to talk with you about an opportunity within our organization. We're looking for a ABA Benefit and Authorization Specialist. What does that mean? We're so glad you asked. Bierman is looking for someone who can ethically help families understand their benefit and to help providers get paid for the services they provide nation-wide within the ABA community. What in the world is ABA in relation to Autism? Great question!
Click here to learn more about who we are and what we do. If this is something that sounds intriguing, please send us your resume so that we can connect further.
In this position, individual will assist the Benefit and Authorization Senior Manager in providing accurate benefits and obtaining medically necessary authorizations.
- Experience with CentralReach preferred.
- EXCELLENT customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Facilitate timely and accurate communications with leadership.
- Performs client insurance benefits verification in an accurate and timely manner
- Spearheads conversations with clients to discuss financial agreements, out of pocket expenses, and insurance options.
- Contact insurance companies; use payer portals for research
- Manages onboarding of new clients. Leverages expert knowledge of insurance policies and process to ensure high-quality client experience. Onboarding includes process management, medical records creation, and client financial orientation.
- Triages inbound phone and email inquiries and responds in an efficient manner. Communicates professionally with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates submission of requests for service authorization for new clients.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems related to client insurance benefits, changes in coverage, and service authorizations.
- Understands regulatory policies and requirements and helps department maintain compliance.
- Problem solves any issues in claims payment resulting from issues pertaining to client insurance eligibility and policy changes.
- We value our work culture deeply. Candidate must be team player, have a highly positive attitude and be driven to complete tasks efficiently.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to communicate effectively with clinical center staff, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
No phone calls please
Job Type: Full Time Pay is competitive and based on candidate qualifications and experience. Full-time employees will be offered our comprehensive benefits including Paid Time Off, 401k, insurance (health, dental, and vision), and the option of Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
About Bierman Autism Centers: Our goal is to fuse science and learning to accelerate progress and transform lives. We were established in 2006 with a simple focus on providing excellent therapy for children with autism and building a unique and fun environment for team members and children to thrive. We live by the culture we’ve created and our core values: to create a fun and stimulating learning environment, empower individuals and treat them with kindness, integrity, and respect, never sit still, achieve, and continuously raise the bar, team above the individual, build a sustainable organization that leaves a meaningful impact on lives, and adhere to our core principles without compromise.