From day one, employees are made to feel valued as part of the ITC team. With respect for diverse perspectives, experiences, and talent, we’re proud to both develop from within and welcome newcomers, creating a dynamic group of individuals who expand our viewpoints. We encourage growth and value input from every team member. Entrepreneurial spirit thrives here, bringing innovations and unmatched energy to all we do. Together, we’re greater than the sum of our parts.
This isn't the same Engineering job that you're looking at with other companies. Here is where ITC differs:
- ITC develops and manufactures innovative products from the GROUND UP.
- We develop a wide range of products from relatively simple LED lighting to microprocessor controlled products that require engineers to be involved with hardware AND software.
- At ITC, you will enjoy a fun, collaborative environment with state-of-the-art development tools. We aren't afraid to invest in the equipment you need.
- Our engineers are rewarded for contributing to company patents.
- If you like a little play mingled in with all of that innovating, we have fun Engineering Team events outside of work, too!
- We don’t just say we offer a competitive benefits package – we actually do! Our 100% vested company 401k match and reduced health insurance contribution after 5 years create some real financial benefits.
- We are into helping YOU succeed with training, tuition reimbursement, and your own development plan.
Let’s dive into some perks that ITC provides (they’re pretty great if we do say so ourselves!) and then explore the nitty gritty.
DISCOVER A CAREER YOU LOVE
We offer paid time off, holidays, competitive health insurance with three plans to choose from, dental insurance, life insurance, a 100% vested 401k with match, short term disability, education reimbursement, performance incentive program, employer sponsored community involvement opportunities, company events, ITC Well-Being program, employee assistance program, and voluntary benefit programs including vision, long term disability, and additional life insurance.
Looking to learn, grow and advance in your career? At ITC, each employee gets 12 hours annually of paid job enhancement training completed during the work day.
We understand family commitments may lead to work interruptions. At ITC, you’ll have the flexibility to take care of important family matters. Plus, we offer hybrid work opportunities for our office team, making it easy to find the work-life balance you’re looking for.
Our team loves working hard and having fun! With frequent small events and company wide gatherings, we understand the importance of relaxation and team building. We’re big on respect, and we ensure a workplace free of any discrimination or exclusion.
ITC also teaches and uses the 5 Languages of Appreciation so we can recognize people the way that works best for them. We often hear it’s our culture that keeps people here. It’s kind of a big deal!
Reporting to Director of Engineering, the Electrical Engineering Manager is a hybrid role (approximately 70%/30%) that provides supervision (70%) of a team of Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers and allocates some of their time to managing their own product designs (30%). The position will lead the team to drive design excellence across a product life cycle. The EE Manager will direct development of digital, analog, power, RF hardware, firmware, and software designs in conjunction with the Project Engineering team who manages overall Product Development. Strong people skills are required to interact successfully with direct reports, program teams and Senior Leadership. This role will perform management activities for employees in the group, including performance reviews, career development, resource allocation, and recognition. This position will help develop and improve the existing New Product Development and Engineering Change processes.
THE CORE DUTIES
- Lead the Electrical Engineering Team in a manner that fits the positive family friendly culture of ITC.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Senior Leadership to understand design requirements.
- Establish a robust process for developing firmware and software, and a structured process for validating the firmware and software in our end products.
- Collaborate with Quality team to ensure quality objectives are met with EE designs.
- Collaborate with Production team to ensure designs can be efficiently manufactured and tested.
- Oversight of conceptual EE product designs, design reviews, detailed electrical/electronic design tolerance analysis performance analysis, and value engineering.
- Ensure the New Product Development and Engineering Change Processes are being adhered to and executed in a timely manner.
- Propose new technologies to keep ITC on the leading edge of EE developments.
- Aid in technical customer support as needed.
- Participate in regulatory efforts including UL, CSA, CE, FCC, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
ITC is a rapidly growing, family-owned business with a friendly, energized, and team-oriented work environment. By focusing on talented people, advanced manufacturing, and superior engineering, ITC has become a leader across our industries, creating thousands of products for customers who demand impeccable performance.
With a broad range of customers spanning the marine, RV, automotive, architectural, specialty vehicle, and workplace furniture industries, we’re experts in:
- RBG(W) lighting and control
- DC Power & Charging Solutions
- Vehicle Components & Accessories
- Global Manufacturing & Distribution
- Design & Engineering
Entrepreneurial spirit thrives here, bringing innovations and unmatched energy to all we do. From design, to production, to product performance, our solutions are shaped by our specialized experience and unique team.
Want more info? Visit our website to apply today.
JOB DESIRABLES AND REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of a BS in Electrical Engineering with demonstrative abilities in product design, and 10-15 years working experience.
- A portfolio of designs with a record of successful design implementations.
- Prior management experience is a plus, but not required.
- A desire to work within a product development team with a strong design background.
- A strong background in low voltage power circuits, conditioning, and distribution.
- A background understanding of LED lighting, photo-metrics, and optical design.
- Ability to develop firmware or oversee firmware development.
- A working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Experience in international liaison with China.
- Some limited travel may be required.