Atlanta Classical Academy seeks a full-time ESOL Teacher. The ESOL Teacher will plan, organize, implement content-focused, language-driven lessons for active and monitored-status ESOL students across many grade levels. The candidate must demonstrate the willingness to collaborate with classroom/content teachers and manage all ESOL-related tasks. The candidate must be knowledgeable in the areas of second language acquisition and teaching strategies for English learners.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Per state guidance, at a minimum the individual must possess the following qualifications:
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in appropriate educational field at level T-4 or above required.
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved subject-specific endorsements required.
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, humility, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Atlanta Classical Academy:
Atlanta Classical Academy is an open-enrollment, public charter school open to students who reside within the Atlanta Public Schools district. The school opened in 2014 with grades K – 8, and has added a grade each year as students have advanced. It is now a K – 12 academy. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Atlanta Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”