DEPARTMENT: Residential Lending
LOCATION: 341 Main Street Catskill, NY 12414
REPORTS TO: Manager of Consumer and Residential Lending
Responsible for administering the subsidiary function of the lending department and ensuring adequate and accurate support exists for the legal documentation of consumer and residential mortgage credit extended by the bank.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate assigned tasks and track them to completion
• Provide support for the loan origination process including preparation of loan documents including commitment letters and legal documents for closings
• Provide support for VP, Director of Residential and Consumer Lending and the Manager of Consumer and Residential Lending
• Prepare reports as needed for the Board of Directors and Lending Department Management
• Input data into loan origination software programs
• Prepare mortgage commitment letters as needed
• Prepare attorney closing packages
• Schedule and prepare closing documents as needed
• Assemble and organize loan documentation for credit underwriting and loan closings
• Order and analyze information provided by third parties to include, but not be limited to title and tax searches, flood certifications, loan payoff requests, and subordination agreements
• Assist with preparation of written loan administration procedures
• Create new loan accounts within the Bank’s Core processing system and loan origination software program
• Serve as backup to Loan Processing Associate
• Perform duties associated with self-insured title including, but not limited to: ordering title insurance policies, tracking mortgage satisfactions and recorded mortgages. Request satisfactions and recorded documents if necessary, follow up with creditors, attorneys, or title companies.
• Serve as the liaison between the Bank and closing attorney’s office.
• Ensure that information required for HMDA is accurately entered into the loan processing system and assist with secondary review process of all HMDA loans when necessary.
• Perform reconciliation of general ledger for residential/consumer accounts.
• Provide and maintain a professional, business-like atmosphere within the lending department
• Represent the bank in public relations activities, community affairs, and at civic organizations
• Provide excellent customer service with vendors, attorneys, and mortgage brokers – maintain relations
• Other duties as requested
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA)
Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• An Associate’s Degree in business, finance or related area or equivalent experience within a financial institution, loan department or similar area
• Extensive knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures
• Extensive knowledge of real estate lending practices and related areas
• Good communication, customer service skills, and attention to detail